Julius Caesar is one of the most famous and influential war generals of all time. His influence on history is nearly unparalleled. It’s hard to comprehend all the things he’s accomplished in his relatively short life.
Most impressively, most of his accomplishments were achieved by using the power of his brain rather than his body. He is an extremely intelligent and successful man so it’s not surprising that many people around the world love Julius Caesar quotes.
Julius Ceasar was always interested in politics. Due to his success in the army, he gained prestige and was elected military tribune. From there he quickly rose to the top of the political hierarchy due to his intelligence and charisma.
Caesar and Pompey formed a critical alliance that was successful for years. Julius Caesar later used his political power to defeat Pompey and anyone else who stood in his way to rule over Rome.
While Caesar’s take over of the government was controversial it had an overwhelmingly positive effect on Rome. Caesar created revolutionary social and political reform. He promoted advances in academics – particularly in science – and also implemented policies that improved the life of the common man.
Caesar recognized that the Roman Empire was in a bad place. He knew that the only way to supersede the corrupt, stagnant senate was to seize all the power himself. As a result of pardoning his enemies and his incredible courage and skill in battle Caesar was favored by the public. Thus, becoming dictator was easy. Caesar wrote a new constitution that emphasized centralized power, provided a strong army, and united the fledgling empire.
Caesar implemented numerous policies that we still used today in some form. He implemented a census, provided land to returning soldiers, and created an official calendar system that was similar to the one we use today.
Julius Caesar is most famous for the drama involving his death and subsequent loss of power. This event is so famous that Shakespeare even wrote a play based on it. Basically, the senators all agreed that Caesar had to go. They plotted to kill him. Mark Antony, Caesar’s’ right-hand man, learned of the plot but was stopped before he could get to Caesar. All the Senators stabbed Caesar brutally.
Julius Caesar’s reign was controversial. However, you can’t deny that he is one of most successful and influential people in history. He was a wise man so Julius Caesar quotes truly unforgettable.
Also check out our list of insightful Hamlet quotes that are full of wisdom and life lessons.
Inspirational Julius Caesar Quotes
1. “As a rule, men worry more about what they can’t see than about what they can.” – Julius Caesar
2. “I came, I saw, I conquered.” – Julius Caesar
3. “In war, events of importance are the result of trivial causes.” – Julius Caesar
4. “I had rather be first in a village than second at Rome.” – Julius Caesar
5. “What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also.” – Julius Caesar
6. “No one is so brave that he is not disturbed by something unexpected.” – Julius Caesar
7. “Men in general are quick to believe that which they wish to be true.” – Julius Caesar
8. “Creating is the essence of life.” – Julius Caesar
9. “I have lived long enough to satisfy both nature and glory.” – Julius Caesar
10. “Men at some time are masters of their fates. The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings.” – Julius Caesar
More Julius Caesar Quotes
11. “Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.” – Julius Caesar
12. “The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones.” – Julius Caesar
13. “There are no tricks in plain and simple faith.” – Julius Caesar
14. “It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.” – Julius Caesar
15. “Experience is the teacher of all things.” – Julius Caesar
16. “Fortune, which has a great deal of power in other matters but especially in war, can bring about great changes in a situation through very slight forces.” – Julius Caesar
17. “I am prepared to resort to anything, to submit to anything, for the sake of the commonwealth.” – Julius Caesar