Tim Burton is known for spitting our cult classics and Beetlejuice is no different than Burton’s other kooky and spooky hits. These Beetlejuice quotes are frighteningly weird, outlandishly silly, and totally out of this mortal world, just like the classic film.
Beetlejuice follows the death of Adam and Barbara Maitland (Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis). After dying in a car accident, the couple’s spirits come back to their solitary farmhouse, happy to live out the rest of eternity alone when an unwelcome new (and very much alive) family moves in.
Desperate to get rid of the intruders, the Maitlands call upon a malicious spirit named Betelgeuse (Michael Keeton), who brings them entirely new and hilarious problems to face.
You don’t want to say his name three times, but you can repeat these Beetlejuice quotes as many times as you want. Without further ado… It’s showtime!
Don’t forget to also check out these Palpatine quotes from the Star Wars villain.
Famous Beetlejuice movie quotes and lines from Lydia Deetz
1. “My whole life is a dark room. One big, dark room.” — Lydia Deetz
2. “I myself am strange and unusual.” — Lydia Deetz
3. “I wanna be dead too.” — Lydia Deetz
4. “I’ve read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: ‘Live people ignore the strange and unusual.’” — Lydia Deetz
5. “I am alone. I am *utterly* alone.” — Lydia Deetz
6. “Maybe you can relax in a haunted house, but I can’t.” — Lydia Deetz
7. “I’m not scared of sheets.” — Lydia Deetz
8. “Are you gross under there? Are you Night of the Living Dead under there? Like all bloody veins and pus?” — Lydia Deetz
9. “Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice….Beetlejuice!” — Lydia Deetz
Beetlejuice quotes from Adam and Barbara Maitland
10. “Barb, honey… we’re dead. I don’t think we have very much to worry about anymore.” — Adam Maitland
11. “There’s a word for people in our situation: ghosts.” — Adam Maitland
12. “We’re ghosts!” — Adam Maitland
13. “Aren’t you scared?” — Adam Maitland
14. “Maybe this is heaven.” — Adam Maitland
15. “In heaven, there wouldn’t be dust on everything.” — Barbara Maitland
16. “Where are all the other dead people in the world? Why is it just you and me?” — Barbara Maitland
17. “You know, if I had seen a ghost at your age I would have been scared out of my wits.” — Barbara Maitland
18. “What’s the good of being a ghost if you can’t frighten people away?” — Barbara Maitland
Beetlejuice quotes from Delia Deetz
19. “A little gasoline, blowtorch, no problem.” — Delia Deetz
20. “So you were miserable in New York City, and now you’re going to be miserable out here in the sticks. At least someone’s life hasn’t been upheaved.” — Delia Deetz
21. “This is my art, and it is dangerous. You think I want to die like this!” — Delia Deetz
22. “Please, they’re dead. It’s a little late to be neurotic.” — Delia Deetz
23. “You have got to take the upper hand in all situations or people, whether they’re dead or alive, will walk all over you.” — Delia Deetz
24. “If you don’t let me gut out this house and make it my own, I will go insane, and I will take you with me!” — Delia Deetz
25. “It’s like a giant… ant farm.” — Delia Deetz
26. “I would rather talk about… ‘Day-o…Day-o. Daylight come, and we wanna go home.’ ” — Delia Deetz
27. “Open this door, you dead people, or we’ll bust it down and we’ll drag you out by the ropes you hang yourselves with!” — Delia Deetz
Beetlejuice quotes from the big guy himself
28. “It’s showtime.” — Beetlejuice
29. “We come for your daughter, Chuck.” — Beetlejuice
30. “Let’s turn on the juice and see what shakes loose.” — Beetlejuice
31. “Whew! Thank you, thank you! That is why I won’t do two shows a night anymore, babe, I won’t, I won’t do ’em.” — Beetlejuice
32. “Welcome to Winter River, museum of natural greed; a monument to the bored businessman! Come on a little closer! Step right up! Test your strength!” — Beetlejuice
Beetlejuice exorcist quote
33. “Ah. Well… I attended Juilliard… I’m a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I’ve seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT. NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU’RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY. NOW, WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I’m qualified?” — Beetlejuice
34. “Nice f***ing model!” — Beetlejuice
35. “The only one I think I can deal with is Edgar Allan Poe’s daughter. I think she understands me.” — Beetlejuice
36. “Go ahead, make my millennium.” — Beetlejuice
37. “I’ll eat anything you want me to eat, I’ll swallow anything you want me to swallow! So, come on down, and I’ll chew on a dog!” — Beetlejuice
38. “I’m the ghost with the most, babe.” — Beetlejuice
39. “I’m tellin’ ya, honey, she meant nothin’ to me. Nothin’ at all!” — Beetlejuice
40. “These aren’t my rules. Come to think of it, I don’t have any rules.” — Beetlejuice
41. “Not so fast, round boy. We’re gonna have some laughs.” — Beetlejuice
42. “Come on. Think of it as a marriage of inconvenience, okay? We both get something. I get out, and you get to say you’re hitched to the most eligible bachelor since Valentino came over.” — Beetlejuice
43. “I’m Lydia Deetz, and I’m of sound mind. The man next to me is the one I want. You asked me, I’m answering. Yes, I love that man of mine.” — Beetlejuice (impersonating Lydia)
44. “You bunch of losers!!” — Beetlejuice
Beetlejuice quotes and sayings from the other characters
45. “If I knew then what I know now I wouldn’t have had my little ‘accident.’” — Receptionist
46. “There’s absolutely no organic flow through.” — Otho
47. “Don’t mind her. She’s still upset because somebody dropped a house on her sister.” — Otho
48. “Never trust the living!” — Juno
49. “I didn’t realize you were into the supernatural.” — Bernard
50. “How do I look? There are no mirrors on this side.” — Messenger
Which Beetlejuice scene is the most memorable to you?
Beetlejuice secured Tim Burton in his film career as well as his reputation for creating surreal, strange, and gothic stories with imaginative and dark artistry.
Not only is Beetlejuice a cult classic, but it is recognized as one of the greatest family comedy films from the last 40 years. It won the Academy Award for best make-up and hair and Michael Keeton’s portrayal of Beetlejuice has carved out a permanent spot in pop culture history.
Beetlejuice is one of those films that never gets old. It’s one that you can watch over and over again every year at Halloween, along with Burton’s other classics like The Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, and Frankenweinie.
We hope you enjoyed these haunting lines from this iconic movie. Let us know your favorite Beetlejuice quotes and lines in the comment section below!