Positive example of an independent woman or raging narcissist? You decide with the help of these Carrie Bradshaw quotes.
Carrie Bradshaw is best known as the fictional character from the franchise Sex and the City. However, the long-running show was actually based on a book by Candace Bushnell. The book was a collection of essays she wrote that were based on her’s and her friends’ lifestyles.
While many people viewed Carrie Bradshaw as an example of a strong and independent woman when the show first started, not everyone maintained that viewpoint. Some began to see her as more of a narcissist. You can decide for yourself what you think after reading these Carrie Bradshaw quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these Tinker Bell quotes to help you believe.
Carrie Bradshaw Quotes about Love and Heartbreak
1. “I’m looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other-love.” – Carrie Bradshaw
2. “The most exciting, challenging, and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you that you love, well, that’s just fabulous.” – Carrie Bradshaw
3. “Some love stories aren’t epic novels- Some are short stories, but that doesn’t make them any less filled with love.” – Carrie Bradshaw
4. “After he left, I cried for a week. And then I realized I do have faith. Faith in myself. Faith that I would one day meet someone who would be sure that I was the one.” – Carrie Bradshaw
5. “Don’t forget to fall in love with yourself first.” – Carrie Bradshaw
6. “I love you so much my heart hurts. Is that what love is supposed to feel like? Like pain?” – Carrie Bradshaw
7. “Year after year, twenty-something women come to New York in search of the two ‘L’s: Labels & Love.” – Carrie Bradshaw
8. “If you love someone and you break up, where does the love go?” – Carrie Bradshaw
9. “Here’s to the guys who love us, the losers who lost us, and the lucky bastards that get to meet us.” – Carrie Bradshaw
10. “It wasn’t logic. It was love.” – Carrie Bradshaw
11. “Isn’t that what you couples do? Support each other’s silly dreams?” – Carrie Bradshaw
12. “The hard thing about fighting in relationships is that there’s no referee. There’s no one to tell you which comments are below the belt. As a result, someone usually gets hurt.” – Carrie Bradshaw
13. “Charlotte treated marriage like a sorority she was desperately hoping to pledge.” – Carrie Bradshaw
14. “Somewhere out there is another little freak who will love us and understand us and kiss our three heads and make it all better.” – Carrie Bradshaw
15. “Do you have to play games to make a relationship work?” – Carrie Bradshaw
Carrie Sex and The City Quotes about Friendships and Family
16. “Friendships don’t magically last forty years. You have to invest in them.” – Carrie Bradshaw
17. “It’s hard to find people who will love you no matter what. I was lucky enough to find three of them.” – Carrie Bradshaw
18. “They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style.” – Carrie Bradshaw
19. “Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just people to have fun with.” – Carrie Bradshaw
20. “The most important thing in life is your family. There are days you love them, and others you don’t. But, in the end, they’re the people you always come home to. Sometimes it’s the family you’re born into and sometimes it’s the one you make for yourself.” – Carrie Bradshaw
21. “And finally, the most important break-up rule: no matter who broke your heart, or how long it takes to heal, you’ll never go through it without your friends.” – Carrie Bradshaw
Carrie Bradshaw Quotes about Hope and Courage
22. “As we drive along this road called life, occasionally a gal will find herself a little a lost. And when that happens, I guess she has to let go of the coulda, shoulda, woulda, buckle up and just keep going.” – Carrie Bradshaw
23. “Maybe the past is like an anchor, holding us back. Maybe you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be.” – Carrie Bradshaw
24. “Maybe the best any of us can do is not to quit, play the hand we’ve been given, and accessorize the outfit we got.” – Carrie Bradshaw
25. “Eventually all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason.” – Carrie Bradshaw
26. “Sometimes we need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning the future, stop figuring out precisely how we feel, stop deciding exactly what we want, and just see what happens.” – Carrie Bradshaw
27. “Anything is possible. This is New York!” – Carrie Bradshaw
28. “So just love, make mistakes, and have wonderful times, but never second-guess who you are, where you have been, and, most importantly, where it is you are going.” – Carrie Bradshaw
Carrie Bradshaw Quotes about Reality and Wisdom
29. “It’s the rule of life that everything you have always wanted comes the second you stop looking for it.” – Carrie Bradshaw
30. “I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it.” – Carrie Bradshaw
31. “A relationship is like couture; if it doesn’t fit perfectly, it’s a disaster.” – Carrie Bradshaw
32. “Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives?” – Carrie Bradshaw
33. “Men in their forties are like the New York Times Sunday crossword puzzle: tricky, complicated, and you’re never really sure you got the right answer.” – Carrie Bradshaw
34. “There comes a point in every relationship when romance gives way to reality.” – Carrie Bradshaw
35. “I used to think those people who sat alone at Starbucks writing on their laptops were pretentious posers. Now I know: They are people who have recently moved in with someone.” – Carrie Bradshaw
36. “And then I realized something, twenty-something girls are just fabulous, until you see one with the man who broke your heart.” – Carrie Bradshaw
37. “When did being alone become the modern-day equivalent of being a leper? Will Manhattan restaurants soon be divided up into sections — smoking, non-smoking, single, non-single?” – Carrie Bradshaw
38. “Otherwise, how do you bounce back when reality batters your belief system and love does not, as promised, conquer all? Is hope a drug we need to go off of, or is it keeping us alive? What’s the harm in believing?” – Carrie Bradshaw
39. “Life gives you lots of chances to screw up which means you have just as many chances to get it right.” – Carrie Bradshaw
40. “When you’re young, your whole life is about the pursuit of fun. Then, you grow up and learn to be cautious. You could break a bone or a heart. You look before you leap and sometimes you don’t leap at all because there’s not always someone there to catch you. And in life, there’s no safety net. When did it stop being fun and start being scary?” – Carrie Bradshaw
Carrie Bradshaw Quotes about Adulting and Self-Identity
41. “Welcome to the age of un-innocence. No one has breakfast at Tiffany’s and no one has affairs to remember.” – Carrie Bradshaw
42. “Sometimes, I would buy Vogue instead of dinner. I just felt it fed me more.” – Carrie Bradshaw
43. “Can you make a mistake and miss your fate?” – Carrie Bradshaw
44. “I’m not being a bitch. I’m just being myself.” – Carrie Bradshaw
45. “Are we simply romantically challenged, or are we sluts?” – Carrie Bradshaw
46. “I just realized, maybe it’s maturity or the wisdom that comes with age, but the witch in ‘Hansel and Gretel’—she’s very misunderstood. I mean, the woman builds her dream house and these brats come along and start eating it.” – Carrie Bradshaw
47. “Well, I think maybe there’s a cheating curve. That someone’s definition of what constitutes cheating is in direct proportion to how much they themselves want to cheat.” – Carrie Bradshaw
48. “I like my money where I can see it – hanging in my closet.” – Carrie Bradshaw
49. “Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.” – Carrie Bradshaw
50. “Maybe some women aren’t meant to be tamed. Maybe they need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with.” – Carrie Bradshaw
Which of these Carrie Bradshaw Quotes is your favorite?
Carrie Bradshaw is a fashion addict who would rather buy the latest designer shoe than dinner. The story goes that the column she writes makes her somewhat of a local celebrity within the city. This eventually leads to her having different types of opportunities such as writing for larger publications, including Vogue.
The character that is portrayed through Carrie Bradshaw is one that some women looked up to. But just as the critics did, it’s important to view her life in its entirety and see not just the fun and fashion but the confusion, stress, and heartbreak that she experiences and causes through her lifestyle. Much better to be enjoyed through the franchise than sought out in real life.
Did you enjoy reading these Carrie Bradshaw quotes and lines? Which of the quotes is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.