These Conan the Barbarian quotes will motivate you to be brave and strong.
Conan the Barbarian is a fictional warrior who is the hero in a trilogy of movies and series of books. In the first two films, Conan the Barbarian is portrayed by Arnold Schwarzenegger, and in the most recent movie, he is played by Jason Momoa. These motivational Conan the Barbarian quotes will energize your spirit and inspire you to watch all the movies.
Along with starring in a trilogy of films, Conan the Barbarian is also featured in a number of novels, video games, comics, and more. This beloved hero has been inspiring people around the world since 1932.
Read these Conan the Barbarian quotes to learn how to crush your enemies and live up to your full potential. Anyone can be a hero if they believe in themselves and strive to always do the right thing.
Conan the Barbarian quotes to motivate you to be brave and strong
1. “To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women.” – Conan
2. “That is strength, boy! That is power! What is steel compared to the hand that wields it? Look at the strength in your body, the desire in your heart, I gave you this! Such a waste. Contemplate this on the tree of woe. Crucify him!” – Thulsa Doom
3. “For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.” – Conan
4. “All my life I’ve been alone. Many times I’ve faced death with no one to know. I would look into the huts and the tents of others in the coldest dark and I would see figures holding each other in the night. But I always passed by.” – Valeria
5. “I live, I love, I slay, and I am content.” – Conan
6. “Give me food, so I have strength when the wolves come. Let me die, not in hunger, but in combat!” – Subotai
7. “Two snakes coming together. Facing each other… but they’re one.” – Conan
8. “Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they learn why they fear the night.” – Thulsa Doom
9. “Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That’s what’s important! Valor pleases you, Crom… so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!” – Conan
10. “There comes a time, thief, when the jewels cease to sparkle when the gold loses its luster when the throne room becomes a prison, and all that is left is a father’s love for his child.” – King Osric
Powerful Conan the Barbarian quotes
11. “When a Cimmerian feels thirst, it is a thirst for blood. When he feels cold, it is the cold edge of steel. For the courage of a Cimmerian is tempered: he neither fears death… nor rushes foolishly to meet it. To be a Cimmerian warrior, you must have both cunning and balance as well as speed and strength.” – Corin
12. “I’m a wizard, mind you. This place is kept by powerful gods and spirits of kings. Harm my flesh and you will have to deal with the dead!” – The Wizard
13. “Run from me… and I will tear apart the mountains to find you! I will follow you to Hell!” – Conan
14. “To the hellfires with Thulsa Doom. He’s evil; a sorcerer who can summon demons. His followers’ only purpose is to die in his service. Thousands of them.” – Valeria
15. “What is most important when making a sword, fire, or ice?” – Corin
16. “Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of. And onto this, Conan, destined to wear the jeweled crown of Aquilonia upon a troubled brow. It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga. Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!” – The Wizard
17. “You killed my mother! You killed my father, you killed my people! You took my father’s sword…” – Conan
18. “My child, you have come to me, my son. For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the wellspring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me? My son.” – Thulsa Doom
19. “Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men.” – Conan’s Father
20. “It has been surmised, that perhaps, my lord had become like a wild animal that had been kept too long. Perhaps, but whatever… freedom… so long an unremembered dream, was his.” – The Wizard
Conan the Barbarian quotes to fill you with strength
21. “He is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, “What is the riddle of steel?” If I don’t know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me. That’s Crom, strong on his mountain!” – Conan
22. “The mounds have been here since the time of the Titans. Kings buried in them… great kings… domains once glittered like the light on a windy sea. Fire won’t burn there… no fire at all. That’s why I live down here in the wind.” – The Wizard
23. “I wish to speak to you now. Where is the Eye of the Serpent? Rexor says that you gave to a girl, probably for a mere night’s pleasure, hmm? What a loss. People have no grasp of what they do. You broke into my house, stole my property, murdered my servants, and my PETS! And that is what grieves me the most! You killed my snake. Thorgrim is beside himself with grief! He raised that snake from the time it was born.” – Thulsa Doom
24. “Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one’s mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.” – The Wizard
25. “No man shall live in chains.” – Conan
26. “All the gods, they cannot sever us. If I were dead and you were still fighting for life, I’d come back from the darkness. Back from the pit of hell to fight at your side.” – Valeria
27. “He is Conan, Cimmerian, he won’t cry, so I cry for him.” – Subotai
28. “He did not care anymore… life and death… the same. Only that the crowd would be there to greet him with howls of lust and fury. He began to realize his sense of worth… he mattered.” – The Wizard
29. “Let’s take what we have while we live. I have never had so much as now. All my life I’ve been alone. Many times I’ve faced my death with no one to know. I would look into the huts and the tents of others in the coldest dark and I would see figures holding each other in the night. And I always passed by. You and I, we have warmth. That’s so hard to find in this world. Please. Let someone else pass by in the night. Let us take the world by the throat and make it give us what we desire.” – Valeria
30. “How many names do I need?” – Conan
Conan the Barbarian quotes that will make your day
31. “What daring! What outrageousness! What insolence! What arrogance!… I salute you.” – King Osric
32. “For no one – no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts. This you can trust.” – Conan’s Father
33. “In time, his victories could not easily be counted… he was taken to the east, a great prize, where the war masters would teach him the deepest secrets. Language and writing were also made available, the poetry of Khitai, the philosophy of Sung; and he also came to know the pleasures of women, when he was bred to the finest stock. But, always, there remained the discipline of steel.” – The Wizard
34. “What is best in life?” – Mongol General
35. “Kiss me. Let me breathe my last breath into your mouth.” – Valeria
36. “Behold… and despair… your new master!” – Khalar Zym
37. “Once great men lived here… giants… gods… once, but long ago. It is here that I met my master. It was no accident, nor it is mere chance that I am the teller of his tale.” – The Wizard
38. “The first to circle the hills and return, the egg unbroken, earns the right to fight with the warriors.” – Corin
39. “There’s warmth and fire. Do you not wish to warm yourself by my fire? They said you would come. From the north, a man of great strength. A conqueror. A man who would someday be king by his own hand. One who would crush the snakes of the earth…” – The Witch
40. “The lions ate him!” – King Osric
More Conan the Barbarian quotes
41. “Afraid to bare yourself? Why? You’re so big and so well grown. You should be proud of your body. How do you expect to reach emptiness without knowing your own body?” – Priest
42. “I see you. I have watched you. For a thousand years, I have watched you. Who among you still fears death? Who will not face emptiness?” – Thulsa Doom
43. “So this is paradise.” – Subotai
44. “Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is your god…” – Conan’s Father
45. “Thulsa Doom. I’ve chafed for years at this demigod. Snakes in my beautiful city. To the west, Nemedia, Aquilonia. To the south, Koth, Stygia. Snakes. Everywhere, these evil towers. You alone have stood up to their guards. And what are you? Thieves.” – King Osric
46. “The sword we make will be yours one day. But before you wield it, you must first understand it.” – Corin
47. “The ashes were trampled into the Earth, and the blood became as snow. Who knows what they came for… weapons of steel, or murder? It was never known, for their leader rode to the south, while the children went north with the Vanir. No one would ever know that my lord’s people had lived at all. His was a tale of sorrow.” – The Wizard
48. “Fire… and ice. That is the mystery of steel.” – Corin
49. “Steel isn’t strong, boy, flesh is stronger!” – Thulsa Doom
50. “Do you want to live forever?” – Valeria
What are your favorite Conan the Barbarian quotes about what is best in life?
Conan is a Cimmerian, which means he lives in the fictional time period of The Hyborian Age, created by writer Robert E. Howard in the Conan the Barbarian books. When this character was adapted for films, his already huge fanbase got even larger. Are you a Conan the Barbarian fan?
Whether you know the hero as Conan the Barbarian, Conan the Destroyer, or Conan the Cimmerian, there are many lessons that can be learned from this protagonist. There are tons of inspirational quotes and motivational lines in all of the Conan the Barbarian movies. If you’re interested in heroic feats of bravery, you will love these courageous Conan the Barbarian lines.
What are your favorite Conan the Barbarian quotes and sayings about how to crush your enemies? Let us know in the comment section below.