If you liked the book or the movie, you’re sure to enjoy these fight club quotes.
Fight Club is a 1999 movie starring Brad Pitt and Edward Norton and is about an underground fight club. Edward Norton plays a nameless 1st person narrator who is a straight-laced personality. He ends up meeting up with Brad Pitt, who plays Tyler and is introduced to Fight Club, as well as an entirely different way of living.
Going from stability to unpredictability leads Edward Norton’s character down many different paths. While Norton and Pitt live together, they end up vying competitively for love and power and both of their lives start to spiral out of control. Enjoy these Fight Club quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these Brad Pitt quotes from one of the most famous actors.
Best Fight Club Quotes by Tyler
1. “The things you own end up owning you.” – Tyler
2. “I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let’s evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.” – Tyler
3. “You’re not your job. You’re not how much money you have in the bank. You’re not the car you drive. You’re not the contents of your wallet. You’re not your fucking khakis. You’re the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.” – Tyler
4. “Wait. Let me start earlier. Like many of you, I was stuck. I couldn’t sleep. I’d flip through catalogs and wonder what kind of dining set defines me as a person? This is your life and it’s ending one minute at a time. I prayed for a different life. And this is how I met Tyler Durden.” – Tyler
5. “Did you know if you mixed equal parts of gasoline, orange juice concentrate you can make napalm?” – Tyler
6. “Fight Club *was* the beginning.” – Tyler
7. “Man, you’ve got some fucked up friends, I’m tellin’ ya. Limber, though…” – Tyler
8. “Technically *you’re* fucking Marla, but it’s all the same to her.” – Tyler
9. “This is a chemical burn. It will hurt more than you’ve ever been burned before. You will have a scar.” – Tyler
10. “We are consumers. We’re the by-products of a lifestyle obsession.” – Tyler
Other famous Fight Club quotes and lines by Tyler
11. “If you aren’t on your way to becoming a vet in six weeks, you will be dead.” – Tyler
12. “It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.” – Tyler
13. “I want you to hit me as hard as you can.” – Tyler
14. “The first rule of project mayhem is you do not ask questions.” – Tyler
15. “First rule of fight club: Do not talk about fight club. Second rule of fight club: DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!” – Tyler
16. “Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.” – Tyler
17. “Now, a question of etiquette – as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?” – Tyler
18. “It could be worse. A woman could cut your penis off and throw it out the window of a moving car.” – Tyler
19. “Where’d you go, psycho boy?” – Tyler
20. “Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Hessel’s life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever tasted.” – Tyler
21. “You wanna make an omelet, you gotta break some eggs.” – Tyler
22. “You decide your own level of involvement!” – Tyler
23. “Okay! You are now firing a gun at your imaginary friend, next to 40,000 POUNDS OF NITROGLYCERINE!” – Tyler
24. “Fight Club was the beginning, now it’s moved out of the basement, it’s called Project Mayhem.” – Tyler
Fight Club Quotes and sayings by the Narrator
25. “I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom.” – the Narrator
26. “Fuck you! Fuck Fight Club! Fuck Marla! I am sick of all your shit!” – the Narrator
27. “Every time it rained we had to kill the power. By the end of the first month, I didn’t miss TV. I didn’t even mind the warm stale refrigerator.” – the Narrator
28. “I don’t know how Tyler found that house but he said he had been there for a year. It looked like it was waiting to be torn down. Most of the windows were boarded up. There was no lock on the front door from when the police or whoever kicked it in. Stairs were ready to collapse. I didn’t know if he owned it or if he was squatting. Neither would have surprised me. What a shithole.” – the Narrator
29. “I wasn’t really dying. I wasn’t host to cancer or parasites. I was the warm little center that the life of this world crowded around.” – the Narrator
30. “You know what, I really think it’s time you got out of here.” – the Narrator
31. “Why didn’t you include me, in the beginning?” – the Narrator
32. “There’s not a lot of breast cancer in the men in my family.” – the Narrator
33. “I’m gonna go inside, and I’m gonna get a shovel.” – the Narrator
34. “He was full of pep. Must’ve had his grande latte enema.” – the Narrator
Famous Fight Club quotes and lines by the Narrator
35. “And then, Tyler was gone.” – the Narrator
36. “This is your life and it’s ending one minute at a time.” – the Narrator
37. “You met me at a very strange time in my life.” – the Narrator
38. “I felt like destroying something beautiful.” – the Narrator
39. “With insomnia, nothing’s real. Everything is far away. Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy.” – the Narrator
40. “If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?” – the Narrator
41. “It was beautiful. We were selling rich women their own fat asses back to them.” – the Narrator
42. “On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.”- the Narrator
43. “With a gun barrel pressed between you’re teeth, you speak only in vowels.” – the Narrator
Fight Club Quotes by Maria Singer
44. “I’ve been going to Debtor’s Anonymous. You want to see some really fucked-up people…” – Maria Singer
45. “I’ve got a stomachful of Xanax. I took what was left of a bottle. It might have been too much.” – Maria Singer
46. “You know you are such a nutcase, I can’t even begin to keep up!” – Maria Singer
47. “I could check your prostate.” – Maria Singer
48. “I haven’t been fucked like that since grade school.” – Maria Singer
49. “A condom is the glass slipper for our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night, and then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.” – Maria Singer
50. “You are like Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Jackass” – Maria Singer
Which of these Fight Club quotes is your favorite?
As you can see from the quotes above, Fight Club is a darker movie and focuses a lot on unhappiness. There are many twists in the plot and (Spoiler Alert) we come to find out that the Narrator and Tyler are one and the same and that the Narrator has dissociated personalities. He suffers from insomnia, and when the Narrator is awake he is the Narrator, but when he believes he is asleep he becomes Tyler.
As Fight Club continues to grow, the Narrator’s other personality (Tyler) starts to take over and takes the Fight Club members and leads them in engaging in illegal activities. We see the battle for the lead personality between the Narrator and Tyler getting more intense as the movie moves on.
Did you enjoy reading these Fight Club quotes and lines? Which of the quotes is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.