Enjoy these Nikita Gill quotes from her poetry and life.
Nikita Gill is a modern-day poet who has gained popularity in recent years. She focuses much of her work and writing on feminism, retellings of old fairy tales, love and Greek myths.
While many people may think of poets from ancient days when they think of poetry, Nikita Gill is showing how our modern-day technology can help poets share their work.
She has a following of over half a million people on social media that she engages and connects with. She has already published 6 volumes of poetry along with several short stories, and she is working on a novel.
Don’t forget to also check out these Mary Wollstonecraft quotes from her life and work.
Nikita Gill Quotes about Love and Empowerment
1. “Girls like her were born in a storm. They have lightning in their souls. Thunder in their hearts. And chaos in their bones.” – Nikita Gill
2. “She wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell.” – Nikita Gill
3. “Some girls are full of heartache and poetry and those are the kind of girls who try to save wolves instead of running away from them.” – Nikita Gill
4. “Fall in love with someone who tastes like adventure but looks like the calm, beautiful morning after a terrible storm.” – Nikita Gill
5. “I hope you find someone who knows how to love you when you are sad.” – Nikita Gill
6. “You must understand: they fear you. There is nothing scarier in their minds than a girl who knows the power of her flames.” – Nikita Gill
7. “Your heart will fix itself. It’s your mind you need to worry about. Your mind where you locked the memories, your mind where you have kept pieces of the ones that hurt you, that still cut through you like shards of glass.” – Nikita Gill
8. “You are not his princess; you are your own queen.” – Nikita Gill
9. “You deserve someone who lets you glow in every way you need to.” – Nikita Gill
10. “People talk about love like it is patient and kind. Love is also dark. It is ferocious and angry and destructive.” – Nikita Gill
Nikita Gill Quotes about Pain and Chaos
11. “The monsters were never under my bed. Because the monsters were inside my head.” – Nikita Gill
12. “You are damaged and broken and unhinged. But so are shooting stars and comets.” – Nikita Gill
13. “Some people are born with tornadoes in their lives, but constellations in their eyes. Other people are born with stars at their feet, but their souls are lost at sea.” – Nikita Gill
14. “It is eerily terrifying that there is no sound when a heart breaks. Car accidents end with a bang, falling ends with a thud, even writing makes the scratching sound of pencil against paper. But the sound of a heartbreaking is completely silent.” – Nikita Gill
15. “People aren’t born sad; we make them that way.” – Nikita Gill
16. “I hope you summon your courage and you invite your demons to tea, and you learn to listen to all their stories.” – Nikita Gill
17. “Sometimes you are going to miss a person who was an almost to you. And feel sad because there is no name for that feeling. You just feel it in a way that makes you tired to your very bones.” – Nikita Gill
18. “People are going to betray you the way Judas betrayed Jesus, the way Brutus betrayed Caesar, and you will love them anyway.” – Nikita Gill
19. “We write songs about it and poetry, and sweet stories, but people hurting each other will never become pretty. Every time a heart breaks and repairs, there are scars.” – Nikita Gill
20. “You are not an open wound, they just want you to think you are.” – Nikita Gill
Nikita Gill Quotes about Learning and Letting Go
21. “Let it hurt. Let it bleed. Let it heal. And let it go.”- Nikita Gill
22. “Only the brave and the broken are kind in this world.” – Nikita Gill
23. “You need to convince your mind that it has to let go…because your heart already knows how to heal.” – Nikita Gill
24. “Do not disregard or hate the maps on your skin and soul. These scars have never diminished your worth, they are the stories that make you whole.” – Nikita Gill
25. “Seven billion people, and some of us have just had the best day of their lives. Today may have been the very worst day of yours. But take solace and celebrate this simple fact. It wasn’t your best day today, but it is on it’s way, because we all get lucky in turn.” – Nikita Gill
26. “Remember, there are beginnings in endings, through destruction there comes life.” – Nikita Gill
27. “I am so afraid of disappointing the people I love, I often forget that I am someone I love too. And I need kindness just as much as I believe the people I love do.” – Nikita Gill
28. “Fearless already runs through your blood. Now do it justice.” – Nikita Gill
29. “You become the thing that hurts you until it can hurt you no more.” – Nikita Gill
30. “Sing a soft lullaby to the things you hate about yourself, and get to know them too.” – Nikita Gill
Nikita Gill Quotes about Beauty and Contentment
31. “Those freckles make you seem like a galaxy of stars, just waiting to be explored and loved.” – Nikita Gill
32. “A mess of beautiful contradictions make her whole, she wears fire for skin but a storm lives in her soul.” – Nikita Gill
33. “You are a dangerous collection of all my favorite things. An old soul, a heart of gold and hands that make my body sing.” – Nikita Gill
34. “They keep saying that beautiful is something a girl needs to be. But honestly? Forget that. Don’t be beautiful. * Be angry, be intelligent, be witty, be klutzy, be interesting, be funny, be adventurous, be crazy, be talented – there are an eternity of other things to be other than beautiful.” – Nikita Gill
35. “You are every beautiful thing that has ever happened to me wrapped in a person. You may think you are ordinary, but to me you are as magical as the ocean.” – Nikita Gill
36. “You are half fairytale, half girl.” – Nikita Gill
37. “These are girls made of dark lace and witchcraft and a little bit of vice.” – Nikita Gill
38. “I hope you never doubt again that even when you are in pain, that you are a miracle, that every part of you is incredible.” – Nikita Gill
39. “That idea…it was you. You are the universe’s fairytale come true.” – Nikita Gill
40. “Take the wildest thing about you and nurture it till it blossoms.” – Nikita Gill
Nikita Gill Quotes about Strength and Hope
41. “There are human beings in this world who are soft enough to feel every terrible thing that happens so deeply. And are still brave enough to remain constant and suffer for those who need them the most.” – Nikita Gill
42. “If you are someone who still carries hope in your heart, kindness in your eyes and generosity in your fingertips despite terrible people happening to you, thank you. You are one of the few truly pure things left in this world, and you deserve to be protected.” – Nikita Gill
43. “And you say you are broken, but broken mirrors like you create the most beautiful patterns of light.” – Nikita Gill
44. “Her mother told her she could grow up to be anything she wanted be, so she grew up to become the strongest of the strong, the strangest of the strange, the wildest of the wild, the wolf leading wolves.” – Nikita Gill
45. “Teach your daughters their battle cries are needed far more than their silence and hear them deafen the world with their fearlessness.” – Nikita Gill
46. “Heroes are never born fearless. They become heroes by facing their fears, by meeting them head-on and saying, ‘You do not control me, or own me anymore.” – Nikita Gill
47. “The ghosts of all the women you used to be are all so proud of who you have become, storm child made of wild and flame.” – Nikita Gill
48. “The greatest magic you have is the courage you go digging for, when your world falls apart, the light you still hold, when everything has grown dark.” – Nikita Gill
49. “She is unpredictable, and unpredictable is another word for ‘threat’ when a woman wears it well.” – Nikita Gill
50. “Take this as your reminder. Not all heroes wear capes. Some wear darkness, some wear wounds.” – Nikita Gill
What did you learn from these Nikita Gill quotes?
What wasn’t mentioned above about Nakita Gill is her determination and ability to continue pushing forward to overcome obstacles. While she has had her work published, including for the first time at the age of 12, it wasn’t always easy. Her work was rejected over a hundred times, yet she continued to pursue publication.
While many people would have given up, Nakita didn’t allow rejection to stand in the way of her success and that’s something that we can all learn from. You can use her work, or simply her story, as inspiration in your own life to pursue the dream and work that you want to do or to spread the messages that matter the most to you.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Nikita Gill quotes and sayings? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.