Mel Robbins quotes that will provide some good life advice.
Mel Robbins is an American author, motivational speaker, former criminal defense attorney, and television host. Mel Robbins was born in 1968 and grew up in North Muskegon, MI. She graduated from Dartmouth College and earned a law degree from Boston College Law School.
She has used her common sense, education, and practical mindset as a contributor to CNN, in her books that give life advice, and as a motivational speaker. Mel Robbins is married with three children and this just adds to her credibility speaking on life lessons and advice. Enjoy these Mel Robbins quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these Margaret Atwood quotes that prove words are powerful.
Motivational Mel Robbins Quotes
1. “You can’t control how you feel. But you can always choose how you act.” – Mel Robbins
2. “You are one decision away from a completely different life.” – Mel Robbins
3. “Hesitation is the kiss of death. You might hesitate for a just nanosecond, but that’s all it takes. That one small hesitation triggers a mental system that’s designed to stop you. And it happens in less than—you guessed it—five seconds.” – Mel Robbins
4. “There’s one thing that is guaranteed to increase your feelings of control over your life: a bias toward action.” – Mel Robbins
5. “Your feelings don’t matter. The only thing that matters is what you do.” – Mel Robbins
6. “The 5 Second Rule: The moment you have an instinct to act on a goal you must 5-4-3-2-1 and physically move or your brain will stop you.” – Mel Robbins
7. “That’s the problem with so many adults, we’re all focused on getting it perfect, instead of trying. Whatever happened to good enough?” – Mel Robbins
8. “When it comes to change, goals, and dreams, you have to bet on yourself.” – Mel Robbins
9. “I have a hard time finding the balance between not beating myself up when it doesn’t happen as fast as I’d like it to, and not wasting time while I wait for it to happen.” – Mel Robbins
10. “That’s an instinct reminding you of the goal. That’s your inner wisdom, and it’s important to pay attention to it, no matter how small or silly that instinct may seem.” – Mel Robbins
11. “Leave nothing important unsaid.” – Mel Robbins
Mel Robbins Quotes about Courage and Wisdom
12. “You need to hear this loud and clear: No one is coming. It is up to you.” – Mel Robbins
13. “Start before you’re ready. Don’t prepare, begin.” – Mel Robbins
14. “If you only ever did the things you don’t want to do, you’d have everything you’ve ever wanted.” – Mel Robbins
15. “There will always be someone who can’t see your worth. Don’t let it be you.” – Mel Robbins
16. “I was the problem and in five seconds, I could push myself and become the solution.” – Mel Robbins
17. “Passion is not a thing, it’s a state of mind.” – Mel Robbins
18. “That’s what it takes to get what you want. Not big scary leaps once a year. It takes small, but irritating moves every single day.” – Mel Robbins
19. “Life is gritty and hard and then suddenly it is brilliant and amazing.” – Mel Robbins
20. “To play any game, you have to start. To win, you need to keep going. If you want to make your dreams come true, get ready for the long game.” – Mel Robbins
21. “You are not going to win if you keep telling yourself to wait. The more often that you choose courage, the more likely you’ll succeed.” – Mel Robbins
22. “Every phase of your life and career will require a different you. Using the Rule, you’ll become the person you’re meant to become in this next phase of your life.” – Mel Robbins
23. “If you have the courage to start, you have the courage to succeed.” – Mel Robbins
24. “Change your decisions and you’ll change your life. And what will change your decisions more than anything? Courage.” – Mel Robbins
25. “It’s okay to be scared. Being scared means you’re about to do something really, really brave.” – Mel Robbins
Mel Robbins Quotes about Taking Risks and Influencing Others
26. “You have been assigned this mountain so that you can show others it can be moved.” – Mel Robbins
27. “We are all so afraid of uncertainty that we want a guarantee before we even try.” – Mel Robbins
28. “Feelings are merely suggestions, ones you can ignore. To change you must do the same, you must ignore how you feel, and just do it anyway.” – Mel Robbins
29. “I may not be perfect, but I am worthy.” – Mel Robbins
30. “Pushing yourself to take simple actions creates a chain reaction in your confidence and your productivity.” – Mel Robbins
31. “The challenge is finding the ability, in the face of an overwhelming amount of resistance, to create a small change in your life and build on it.” – Mel Robbins
32. “In any area of your life that you want to change, adopt this rule. Just do the things that you don’t want to do.” – Mel Robbins
33. “Win or lose, at least I’m doing something.” – Mel Robbins
34. “Small things are not small at all. They are the most important things of all. And they add up.” – Mel Robbins
35. “Sometimes there is no next time, no second chance, or no time out. Stop waiting. It’s now or never.” – Mel Robbins
Mel Robbins Quotes about The Truth of Reality
36. “Life is not a one and done sort of deal. You’ve got to work for what you want.” – Mel Robbins
37. “You may say you fear change, but the lack of change in your life is why you feel so blah.” – Mel Robbins
38. “You do the same thing every time you whine about problems but do nothing to fix them.” – Mel Robbins
39. “Forget motivation; it’s a myth. I don’t know when we all bought into the idea that in order to change you must “feel” eager or “feel” motivated to act. It’s complete garbage. The moment it’s time to assert yourself, you will not feel motivated. In fact, you won’t feel like doing anything at all.” – Mel Robbins
40. “If you can’t get yourself out of bed, then you’ll never be able to pursue all of the other changes that you want to make in your life.” – Mel Robbins
41. “We are all capable of greatness. I believe that. It is our feelings and fears that convince us now is not the right time and keep us from achieving greatness.” – Mel Robbins
42. “We’re discovering that many of our feelings are just a kind of sophisticated shorthand for all sorts of complex calculations that are constantly occurring in the back of your brain.” – Mel Robbins
43. “Work expands to whatever time you give it.” – Mel Robbins
44. “If you don’t learn how to untangle your feelings from your actions, you’ll never unlock your true potential.” – Mel Robbins
45. “It’s so sad because waiting for validation will be the death of your dreams.” – Mel Robbins
Mel Robbins Quotes about Politics and Career
46. “Our nation, our economy, and our families would be much stronger if half of our companies were run by women and half of our households were run by men.” – Mel Robbins
47. “We want to believe that we live in a world where our daughters can do anything and be anything. And you’d think they could – they outnumber boys in college, graduate school, and the workforce.” – Mel Robbins
48. “While younger women are told to be thinner and prettier, ads for older women emphasize looking younger and wrinkle-free – tapping into the insecurities that many of us have about getting older.” – Mel Robbins
49. “I realized I wasn’t a good employee because I was too busy listening to people’s personal problems to do work.” – Mel Robbins
50. “If you show up every day to a job you hate, and you are doing nothing to change that – you’ve got no one to blame but yourself.” – Mel Robbins
What did you learn from these Mel Robbins quotes?
Now that you have been able to enjoy some Mel Robbins practical quotes, you probably have a sense of who she is and what she stands for. One of the best things that Mel does is that she consistently tries to build confidence in others and wants them to achieve a better life.
We can see from her quotes that Mel believes that the first step in achieving success is up to you. An important lesson we can learn from Mel is that if you do nothing to better your own life, then you have no one but yourself to blame for your circumstances.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Mel Robbins quotes and sayings? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.