There’s a lot that goes into a great relationship as you’ll see in these relationship, intimacy, and sex quotes.
No one ever said that relationships were easy, but a good relationship is well worth the time and work that you have to put into it. Having that special person that you can count on and be your most vulnerable with can be an incredible thing in life.
Shared intimacy, both physically and emotionally, goes a long way in helping to build and maintain a strong relationship. These love and sex quotes may help open your eyes to things you could improve in your relationship or they may just entertain you.
Don’t forget to also check out these romantic couple quotes to inspire more love and affection.
Marriage and sex quotes
1. “Passionate sex is great. A passionate marriage filled with passionate sex… so much better.” – marriage.com
2. “Sex can be such a stark barometer for a marriage.” – John Eldredge
3. “Sexual energy is just that, it’s energy. And where we choose to expend that energy makes all the difference in the world.” – Joy McMillan
4. “Sex is about the quality of your entire love life, not the intricate alignment of your bodies.” – Kevin Leman
5. “But you shouldn’t give up on having a great sex life once you’re married. Intimacy is key to having a healthy, functional, and overall happy relationship.” – Chris Kraft, Ph.D.
6. “Love and sex does not sustain a marriage.” – Majid Michel
7. “Sex is one of the most powerful gifts God ever created. It was designed to bring a man and woman together in a physical, emotional and spiritual bond that would create, pleasure, intimacy and also procreation.” – Dave and Ashley Willis
8. “Sex is not marriage but sex is part of marriage.” – Justice Kojo Betil
9. “Couples who schedule time to connect with each other have healthier, happier relationships.” – Chris Kraft, Ph.D.
10. “Done well, marital sexuality can be a supremely healing experience.” – Gary L. Thomas
11. “That’s why the marriage bed is usually a pretty accurate picture of what else is going on in the marriage.” – Kevin Leman
Love, intimacy, and sex quotes
12. “The deepest moments of intimacy occur when you’re not talking.” – Patricia Love
13. “Yes, sex involves our bodies. But it doesn’t involve only – or even primarily – our bodies. It’s so much more than that.” – Sheila Wray Gregoire
14. “Intimacy” includes physical closeness and to many, this quickly gets translated to meaning a sexual relationship. Of course, married love includes sex, as it should, but long-married couples will often relate that the sexual part of their relationship is only one of many ways they are intimate with each other.” – foryourmarriage.com
15. “They slipped briskly into an intimacy from which they never recovered.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
16. “Intimacy is not something that just happens between two people; it is a way of being alive. At every moment, we are choosing either to reveal ourselves or to protect ourselves, to value ourselves or to diminish ourselves, to tell the truth, or to hide. To dive into life or to avoid it. Intimacy is making the choice to be connected to, rather than isolated from, our deepest truth as that moment.” – Geneen Roth
17. “Men and women approach sex very differently. Men make love to feel loved. Women need to feel loved to make love.” – Sheila Wray Gregoire
18. “Sexual intimacy is a continuing process of discovery.” – Sheri Stritof
19. “Intimacy is the capacity to be rather weird with someone – and finding that that’s ok with them.” – Alain de Botton
20. “Real intimacy is a sacred experience. It never exposes its secret trust and belonging to the voyeuristic eye of a neon culture. Real intimacy is of the soul, and the soul is reserved.” – John O’Donohue
21. “Intimacy between the husband and wife is one of the characteristics of a healthy marriage. One of the problems is that we have different ideas as to what it means to have intimacy. For some husbands “intimacy” means “sex”. For most wives, intimacy is something far more emotional.” – Dr. Gary Chapman
22. “When we live at the pace of a NASCAR race, sex is one of the first things that goes. Once again, if you want to improve your sex life as a couple, you need to examine your relationship outside the bedroom. What are you doing that is keeping you from sexual intimacy?” – Kevin Leman
23. “Intimacy is a totally different dimension. It is allowing the other to come into you, to see you as you see yourself.” – Osho
Sex quotes about love
24. “Love is an ice cream sundae, with all the marvelous coverings. Sex is the cherry on top.” – Jimmy Dean
25. “True love is not a hide and seek game: in true love, both lovers seek each other.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
26. “You always gain by giving love.” – Reese Witherspoon
27. “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” – George Sand
28. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
29. “If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love.” – Princess Diana
30. “We are most alive when we’re in love.” – John Updike
31. “I believe that love takes time. I believe there is such a thing as infatuation at first sight, but not love at first sight.” – Kevin Leman
32. “The only thing we never get enough of is love, and the only thing we never give enough of is love.” – Henry Miller
33. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
34. “True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.” – Erich Segal
35. “Love is friendship that has caught fire.” – Ann Landers
Funny relationship and sex quotes
36. “Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.” – Billy Crystal
37. “Remember, sex is like a Chinese dinner. It ain’t over ‘til you both get your cookie.” – Alex Baldwin
38. “I blame my mother for my poor sex life. All she told me was ‘the mangoes on top and the woman underneath.’ For three years my husband and I slept in bunk beds.” – Joan Rivers
39. “I’m at the age where food has taken the place of sex in my life. In fact, I’ve just had a mirror put over my kitchen table.” – Rodney Dangerfield
More sex quotes
40. “Physics is like sex; sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.” – Richard Feynman
41. “A good sexual relationship is built on emotional intimacy and closeness.” – Terry Gaspard
42. “Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire.” – George Bernard Shaw
43. “Sex is emotion in motion.” – Mae West
44. “There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don’t need a bedroom to prove my womanliness.” – Audrey Hepburn
45. “It is not sex that gives the pleasure, but the lover.” – Marge Piercy
46. “Billions of people have had sex. I don’t know how many have actually made love.” – Sheila Way Gregoire
47. “Some things are better than sex, and some are worse, but there’s nothing exactly like it.” – W.C. Fields
48. “There is no age limit on the enjoyment of sex. It keeps getting better.” – Florence Henderson
49. “Society has become so obsessed with sex that it seeps from all the pores of our national life.” – Billy Graham
50. “The physical can be awfully fun. But if we see sex only in the physical realm, we miss out on the potential sex has. We degrade it to be far less than it was created to be.” – Sheila Wray Gregoire
What did you learn from these sex quotes and sayings?
That last quote is a strong one to end on. It’s easy for couples to overlook the real benefits and intimacy that can be built through sex, but in order for that to happen, it has to be seen as more than just a physical act. True and genuine intimacy within a relationship is much deeper and covers a lot more than just the physical.
If you want a strong relationship, make sure to work on all aspects of it: physical, emotional, and social. When you do this, you’re on your way to building a relationship that will last because it will be built on more than just physical attraction and good sex.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these sex quotes and sayings? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.