These Thor quotes from the MCU are inspirational, funny, thoughtful, and action-packed!
Thor Odinson is a superhero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe portrayed by Chris Hemsworth in the movies. The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is the universe where movies like The Avengers, Thor, and Doctor Strange take place. These inspirational and funny Thor quotes are some of the best lines from his various appearances in the MCU.
Based on a Marvel comic book character, Thor has now grown a large fanbase as the beloved star of several Marvel movies. These amazing quotes from the MCU are perfect to use as Thor captions for Instagram. Even if you’ve never seen the movies before, you’ll love these funny quotes about his hammer and life as a hero.
You may be asking yourself, does Thor have a catchphrase? Check out this collection of the best Thor quotes from the Marvel Cinematic Universe to learn more about the hilarious things this character says.
Don’t forget to also check out these Iron Man quotes from the Marvel icon.
Funny and inspirational Thor quotes from the MCU
1. “I am Thor, son of Odin!” – Thor
2. “Brother, however, I have wronged you, whatever I have done that has led you to do this, I am truly sorry. But these people are innocent, taking their lives will gain you nothing. So take mine, and end this.” – Thor
3. “This drink, I like it! Another!” – Thor
4. “You people are so petty. And tiny.” – Thor
5. “Your ancestors called it magic, and you call it science.” – Thor
6. “There will never be a wiser king than you. Or a better father. I have much to learn. I know that now. One day, perhaps, I will make you proud.” – Thor
7. “I’d rather be a good man than a great king.” – Thor
8. “Life is all about growth and change.” – Thor
9. “By Odin’s beard, you shall not cut my hair, lest you feel the wrath of the mighty Thor! Please! Please, kind sir, do not cut my hair.” – Thor
10. “Do I look to be in a gaming mood?” – Thor
Thor quotes to brighten your day
11. “So much has happened since I last saw you! I lost my hammer, like yesterday, so that’s still fresh. Then I went on a journey of self-discovery. Then I met you.” – Thor
12. “You know, I used to want to be a Valkyrie when I was younger until I found out you were all women. There’s nothing wrong with women, of course, I like women. Sometimes a little too much. Not in a creepy way, just more like a respectful appreciation. I think it’s great, an elite force of women warriors. It’s about time.” – Thor
13. “She’s too strong. Without my hammer, I can’t…” – Thor
14. “Is he, though?” – Thor
15. “Loki, I thought the world of you. I thought we were gonna fight side by side forever.” – Thor
16. “I went for the head.” – Thor
17. “At least make it a challenge for me!” – Thor
18. “I will protect Asgard and all the realms with my last and every breath, but I cannot do so from that chair. Loki for all his grave imbalance understood rule as I know I never will. The brutality, the sacrifice, it changes you.” – Thor
19. “I choose to run towards my problems and not away from them.” – Thor
20. “Asgard is not a place it’s a people.” – Thor
Funny and thoughtful Thor quotes
21. “I’m still worthy.” – Thor
22. “I don’t hang with the Avengers anymore. It all got too corporate.” – Thor
23. “You dare Threaten me, Thor, with so puny a weapon?” – Thor
24. “I’m only alive because fate wants me alive.” – Thor
25. “For the first time in a thousand years, I have no path.” – Thor
26. “My friends, have you forgotten all that we have done together? Fandral, Hogun, who led you into the glory of battles?” – Thor
27. “Then point me in the direction of whoever’s ass I have to kick!” – Thor
28. “We’re the same, you and I. Just a couple of hot-headed fools.” – Thor
29. “Bring me, Thanos!” – Thor
30. “I must go back to Asgard, but I give you my word. I will return for you.” – Thor
Thor quotes that will inspire you to rewatch the movies
31. “Know this, son of Coul. You and I, we fight for the same cause: the protection of this world. From this day forward, you can count me in as your ally, if… you return the items you have taken from Jane.” – Thor
32. “I have dire plans for Destiny.” – Thor
33. “You know, Father once told me that a wise man never seeks out war…” – Thor
34. “Let’s kill him properly this time.” – Thor
35. “This mortal form has grown weak. I need sustenance!” – Thor
36. “You know, it’s funny you should mention that. Because I’ve been having these terrible dreams of late! Asgard up in flames. Falling to ruins. And you, Surtur. The center of all of it.” – Thor
37. “You’re a talented liar, brother. Always have been.” – Thor
38. “I understand why you’re angry. And you are my sister, and technically have a claim to the throne. And believe me, I would love for someone else to rule. But it can’t be you. You’re just the worst.” – Thor
39. “How dare you attack the son of Odin!” – Thor
40. “Hey, big guy. Sun’s getting real low. I don’t want to hurt you anymore.” – Thor
More Thor quotes
41. “Yes, me too. On many, many occasions. There was one time when we were children, he transformed himself into a snake, and he knows that I love snakes. So, I went to pick up the snake to admire it and he transformed back into himself and he was like, ‘Blergh, it’s me!’ And he stabbed me. We were eight at the time.” – Thor
42. “You’re big. I’ve fought bigger.” – Thor
43. “I was protecting my throne!” – Thor
44. “Yeah, it’s called the… uh… Revengers!” – Thor
45. “No, I don’t have a phone but you could have sent me an electronic letter. It’s called an email.” – Thor
46. “Hulk, no! Just for once in your life, don’t smash!” – Thor
47. “I know what you’re thinking. “Oh, no. Thor’s in a cage. How did this happen?” Well, sometimes you have to get captured just to get a straight answer out of something. It’s a long story. Basically, I’m a bit of a hero. See, I’ve spent some time on Earth… for the record, I saved the planet a couple of times. Then I went searching through the cosmos for a couple of magic colorful Infinity Stone things… but didn’t find any. That’s when I came across a path of death, and destruction. Which led me all the way here to this cage… where I met you.” – Thor
48. “A creepy old man cut my hair off!” – Thor
49. “At the end of the day you’re you and I’m me and… oh, maybe there’s still good in you but… let’s be honest, our paths diverged a long time ago.” – Thor
50. “Because that’s what heroes do!” – Thor
What are your favorite Thor quotes about his hammer, Loki, and the Avengers?
Thor is widely regarded by audiences as one of the most hilarious characters in the MCU. This powerful Asgardian warrior has lines that will touch your heart and jokes that will make you laugh. Hopefully, these Thor quotes about Loki, the Avengers, and his adventures as a hero will inspire you to rewatch the movies.
Some of the reasons to admire Thor are that he is a brave leader, an optimistic fighter, and a hilarious friend. If you’re a fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe or the original Marvel comic book character, you’ll love this list of legendary quotes. Share these Thor quotes and Thor captions for Instagram with your loved ones to brighten their day.
What are your favorite Thor quotes and sayings about Loki and the MCU? Let us know in the comment section below.