Success doesn’t happen overnight. These Usain Bolt quotes show that success takes practice, training, and constantly pushing yourself further than you believe you can go.
One does not simply become the fastest human on the planet. Achieving a feat as massive as that takes some serious dedication. Usain Bolt is an eight-time Olympic gold medalist, eleven-time world champion, and he holds a world record for being the only person to win Olympic 100 and 200-meter titles at three consecutive Olympics, which he did in 2008, 2012, and 2016.
Bolt has dedicated his life to his dream and because of that dedication, he has made himself the best sprinter in the world.
Let these Usain Bolt quotes motivate you to succeed in your dreams.
Don’t forget to also check out these Michael Phelps quotes about having no limits.
Motivational Usain Bolt quotes and sayings
1. “Train hard, turn up, run your best and the rest will take care of itself.” — Usain Bolt
2. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in determination.” — Usain Bolt
3. “There are better starters than me, but I’m a strong finisher.” — Usain Bolt
4. “For me, I’m focused on what I want to do. I know what I need to do to be a champion, so I’m working on it.” — Usain Bolt
5. “My hunger is always there.” — Usain Bolt
6. “I will run against anybody.” — Usain Bolt
7. “I know what to do and I go and execute.” — Usain Bolt
8. “No matter how far you get ahead of me, I’m gonna catch you. That’s my mentality that I go therewith.” — Usain Bolt
9. “Dreams are free. Goals have a cost. While you can daydream for free, goals don’t come without a price. Time, Effort, Sacrifice, and Sweat. How will you pay for your goals?” — Usain Bolt
10. “I think a lot of people, they see you run and they say, “Aaah it looks so easy, looks effortless”. But before it gets to that point, it’s hard; it’s hard work. It’s day-in, day-out sacrifice. Just DYING this time when you run and you just want to stop, you want to give up, you just want to go home.” — Usain Bolt
11. “Easy is not an option..No days off…Never Quit…Be Fearless… Talent you have Naturally… Skill is only developed by hours and hours of work.” — Usain Bolt
12. “Don’t think about the start of the race, think about the ending.” — Usain Bolt
13. “I just imagine all the other runners are big spiders, and then I get super scared.” — Usain Bolt
Usain Bolt quotes on success
14. “When people see your personality come out, they feel so good, like they actually know who you are.” — Usain Bolt
15. “I’ve worked hard over the years, I’ve been injured and I’ve worked hard through it, and I’ve made it.” Usain Bolt
16. “I try to lead by example.” — Usain Bolt
17. “I think they have not learned over the years that the more you talk, the more I will want to beat you.” — Usain Bolt
18. “All I have to do to work on transition and technique.” — Usain Bolt
19. “I don’t put myself under pressure.” — Usain Bolt
20. “I don’t like losing anyways.” — Usain Bolt
21. “I think my acceleration is very good. That’s the key for me.” — Usain Bolt
22. “It’s always been a wake-up call to get beaten.” — Usain Bolt
23. “When I was younger, I always wanted to impress, to be good for my country, to make them feel good, and sometimes that meant I didn’t focus on myself enough. I learned I had to put myself first. And it’s fine because I want for me the same thing that they want for me, which is to win.” — Usain Bolt
24. “I don’t think about records.” — Usain Bolt
25. “It’s a great feat for me to have broken my world record.” — Usain Bolt
26. “I think the key thing is to train hard and you definitely need competition, you definitely need races because I believe over the years that training helps you but you have to compete against other people who’re a higher level to build you up, make you know what else you need to work on.” — Usain Bolt
27. “You have to set yourself goals so you can push yourself harder. Desire is the key to success.” — Usain Bolt
28. “If you think about racing too much you may just lose it a little bit.” — Usain Bolt
29. “I told you all I was going to be number one, and I did just that.” — Usain Bolt
Usain Bolt quotes about life
30. “Manners is the key thing. say, for instance, when you’re growing, you’re walking down the street, you’ve got to tell everybody good morning. Everybody. You can’t pass one person.” — Usain Bolt
31. “But anybody who steps into the lane beside you is the biggest competition because they made it to the finals.” — Usain Bolt
32. “Repeating is harder than anything else.” — Usain Bolt
33. “I like to have fun, just stay relaxed.” — Usain Bolt
34. “You have good days and bad days.” — Usain Bolt
35. “Sometimes you lose sight of what’s going on around you.” — Usain Bolt
36. “When I was young, I didn’t really think about anything other than sports.” — Usain Bolt
Inspirational Usain Bolt quotes
37. “I don’t think limits.” — Usain Bolt
38. “Kill them with success and bury them with a smile.” — Usain Bolt
39. “I’d like to say to all my fans out there, thanks for the support. And to all my doubters, thank you very much because you guys have also pushed me.” — Usain Bolt
40. “A lot of legends, a lot of people, have come before me. But this is my time.” — Usain Bolt
41. “I work hard, and I do good, and I’m going to enjoy myself. I’m not going to let you restrict me.” — Usain Bolt
42. “I definitely know I’m going to be working a lot more with my foundation when it comes to developing the kids in Jamaica.” — Usain Bolt
43. “I remember once, actually the first race I ran, I fell.” — Usain Bolt
44. “I know what I can do, so I never doubt myself.” — Usain Bolt
More Usain Bolt Quotes
45. “Learning the mind is as important as understanding the body.” — Usain Bolt
46. “One thing I’ve learned over the years from my core set, the LAST ONE (set) is the most important one. Because THAT’S WHEN you start improving. THAT’S WHEN the work pays off now. Because your legs are DEAD and you gotta push your body. It’s like moving past a barrier.” — Usain Bolt
47. “Don’t think about the start of the race.” — Usain Bolt
48. “Worrying gets you nowhere. if you turn up worrying about how you’re going to perform, you’ve already lost.” — Usain Bolt
49. “I know what I can do so it doesn’t bother me what other people think or their opinion on the situation.” — Usain Bolt
50. “My name is Bolt, Lightning Bolt.” — Usain Bolt
Did you feel empowered by these Usain Bolt quotes?
Usain Bolt is a perfect example of if you want something bad enough, there are no excuses not to achieve it.
Bolt has expressed how when he was younger, he focused all of his energy on sports. At first, he practiced cricket and football, but once his coaches saw how fast he could run, they urged him to try track and field.
At the age of 15, Bolt became the youngest world champion of all time. He continued to sharpen his skills and push himself past limits until he eventually became the world’s fastest human sprinter. Now, the only competition left for him are the animals in the wild.
Did you enjoy these Usain Bolt quotes and sayings? Which quote was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.