Don’t overlook the beauty and significance in saying farewell with these goodbye quotes as your inspiration.
Saying goodbye is important. Whether small or big, they form an important ritual in our culture. Goodbyes signify that something has come to an end and it is time for something new to happen.
A good farewell honors your past and provides closure as you move on to your next chapter. It allows you to recognize your life experiences with other people and the world around you.
Whether you’re parting with someone for a short time, or forever, saying a mindful goodbye gives you the time to acknowledge the value you have in each other’s lives.
Besides, goodbyes contain a blessing. Giving a meaningful farewell allows you to bless the other person’s going and coming. So the next you say your goodbye, pay attention to the moment and create an intention of goodwill in your heart to make it a blessing.
To help make your farewells count, below is our collection of inspirational, beautiful, and uplifting goodbye quotes, goodbye sayings, and goodbye proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Goodbye Quotes For Those Who Admire A Beautiful Farewell
1. “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” – Semisonic
2. “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” – Paulo Coelho
3. “This is not a goodbye, my darling, this is a thank you.” – Nicholas Sparks
4. “Farewell! God knows when we shall meet again.” – William Shakespeare
5. “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.” – Rumi
6. “Saying goodbye doesn’t mean anything. It’s the time we spent together that matters, not how we left it.” – Trey Parker
7. “It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure.” – Ernie Harwell
8. “Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.” – Garrison Keillor
9. “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
10. “It’s sad, but sometimes moving on with the rest of your life, starts with goodbye.” – Carrie Underwood
Goodbye quotes to make your farewells meaningful
11. “Don’t be dismayed by good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.” – Richard Bach
12. “Promise me you’ll never forget me because if I thought you would I’d never leave.” – A.A. Milne
13. “Moving on is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard.” – Dave Mustaine
14. “The story of life is quicker than the wink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye…until we meet again.” – Jimi Hendrix
15. “The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.” – Charles Dickens
16. “Goodbyes make you think. They make you realize what you’ve had, what you’ve lost, and what you’ve taken for granted.” – Ritu Ghatourey
17. “I’ll see you in another life. When we are both cats.” – Tom Cruise
18. “Farewell, dearest friend, never to see one another any more till at the right hand of Christ.” – Donald Cargill
19. “Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell.” – Edna St. Vincent Millay
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of miss you quotes to fill that loneliness in your heart.
20. “For every goodbye, God also provides a hello.” – Donna Gable Hatch
Goodbye quotes to help you offer mindful farewells
21. “Follow your dreams, work hard, practice, and persevere. Make sure you eat a variety of foods, get plenty of exercise, and maintain a healthy lifestyle.” – Sasha Cohen
22. “Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.” – Flavia Weedn
23. “I have had a happy life and thank the Lord. Goodbye and may God bless all!” – Christopher McCandless
24. “The return makes one love the farewell.” – Alfred de Musset
25. “Two of the greatest predictors of success are the ability to say hello and the ability to say goodbye.” – Robert J. Braathe
26. “Goodbyes are not forever, are not the end; it simply means I’ll miss you until we meet again.” – Unknown
27. “Man’s feelings are always purest and many glowing in the hour of meeting and of farewell.” – Jean Paul Richter
28. “The finale of every year is a time to say goodbye to one year and welcome the coming of a new one. A blessed year may it be.” – Kate Summers
29. “Great is the art of beginning, but greater is the art of ending.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
30. “The world is round and the place which may seem like the end, may also be the beginning.” – Ivy Baker Priest
Goodbye quotes to make each farewell count
31. “I wonder how People say goodbye to someone forever ?” Could we see when and where we are to meet again, we would be more tender when we bid our friends goodbye. – Ovid
32. “They must often change, who would be constant in happiness or wisdom.” – Confucius
33. “Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I’ll miss you until we meet again.” – Unknown
34. “Man’s feelings are always purest and most glowing in the hour of meeting and of farewell.” – Jean Paul Richter
35. “Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.” – J.M. Barrie
36. “The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.” – Nicholas Sparks
37. “History never really says goodbye. History says, ‘See you later. ” – Eduardo Galeano
38. “The two hardest things to say in life is hello for the first time and goodbye for the last.” – Moira Rogers
39. “So long, see you around, but never a final goodbye.” – Fred Flagler
40. “Never part without loving words to think of during your absence. It may be that you will not meet again in this life.” – Jean Paul Richter
Other beautiful goodbye quotes to inspire you
41. “No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth.” – Robert Southey
42. “Great is the art of beginning, but greater is the art of ending.” – Lazarus Long
43. “You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you.” – Frederick Buechner
44. “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
45. “It feels right. But it’s emotional. Saying goodbye to anything you’ve done that long is hard.” – Angela Ruggiero
46. “So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.” – Helen Keller
47. “We’ll meet again, Don’t know where, don’t know when, But I know we’ll meet again, Some sunny day.” – Vera Lynn
48. “Sadly enough, the most painful goodbyes are the ones that are left unsaid and never explained.” – Jonathan Harnisch
49. “Remember me and smile, for it’s better to forget than to remember me and cry.” ― Dr. Seuss
50. “You and I will meet again, When we’re least expecting it, One day in some far off place, I will recognize your face, I won’t say goodbye my friend, For you and I will meet again.” – Tom Petty
You might also like these new beginning quotes to make you better.
51. “I make it easier for people to leave by making them hate me a little.” – Cecelia Ahern
52. “Saying goodbye to the living was hard enough; saying goodbye to the dead was an impossible task.” – Andrew Shaffer
53. “I guess that’s part of growing up, too—saying good-bye to the things you used to love.” – Jenny Han
54. “There was something unfinished about not saying farewell, like a door left open in the chill night.” – Julie C. Dao
55. “If no one has called you back when you left a place, then your decision to leave that place was precisely true!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
Did you enjoy these goodbye quotes?
A goodbye is just as important as a greeting. Healthy goodbyes help us focus on what really matters, keep the doors open, and allow us to move forward without the unnecessary baggage.
Life is full of endings and new beginnings. Although saying goodbye can be difficult sometimes, an ability to tolerate endings is important. We hope the above quotes will help you approach your endings with a positive attitude.
Which of these goodbye quotes was your favorite? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Feel free to share with us in the comment section below.