Looking for insightful quotes that fit the unique personality of a Virgo? Check out the Virgo quotes in the list below.
Who is your favorite Virgo?
Virgos celebrate their birthdays between August 23rd and September 22nd. The astrological sign is one of three that are ruled by the Earth, including Taurus and Capricorn.
Virgos are often seen as hard-working and kind people who are often plagued by their perfectionist and stubborn nature. Famous Virgos include Beyonce Knowles, Chris Pine, Shania Twain, Cameron Diaz, and Keke Palmer.
Below, you will find quotes by famous Virgos as well as quotes discussing common Virgo personality traits.
Enjoy the curated list of quotes below!
Virgo quotes about kindness
1. “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop
2. “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” – Princess Diana
3. “Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate.” – Albert Schweitzer
4. “It is futile to judge a kind deed by its motives. Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind.” – Eric Hoffer
5. “Kindness and politeness are not overrated at all. They’re underused.” – Tommy Lee Jones
6. “Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” – Scott Adams
7. “You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force.” – Publilius Syrus
8. “Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.” – George Sand
9. “Kindness makes a fellow feel good whether it’s being done to him or by him.” – Frank A. Clark
10. “True popularity comes from acts of kindness rather than acts of stupidity.” – Bo Bennett
11. “Kindness eases everything almost as much as money does.” – Mason Cooley
12. “Kindness is a passport that opens doors and fashions friends. It softens hearts and molds relationships that can last lifetimes.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
13. “Always be kind, but kindness doesn’t mean that you have to not say what you think.” – Grace VanderWaal
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of leo quotes that define what it means to be a leo.
Virgo quotes from celebrities
14. “Beyonce is a very hard-working woman. Astrologically, for whatever it’s worth, she’s a Virgo – like Michael Jackson, a hard worker.” – Aretha Franklin
15. “I’m a Virgo, and I know what I like.” – Zendaya
16. “I am 100 percent Virgo, stubborn, over-organised, slightly abstracted from the rest of the world.” – Paulo Coelho
17. “When I was dancing, I felt in control and happy. I’m a Virgo, so I really like to be in control.” – Misty Copeland
18. “I’m kind of psychotic and I like to talk about things. I’m a Virgo, too, so I like to analyze and overprocess.” – Pink
19. “If you believe in astrology, I’m a Virgo, so I’m very controlling; I’m very neat, and I’m very organized.” – Trisha Yearwood
20. “I’m never satisfied, man. I’m Virgo. We overanalyze and we’re never satisfied. So I’m gonna keep going ’til the wheels fall off.” – Wale
21. “I’m a Virgo, so I’m a super hard lover. I fall in love so quickly!” – Justine Skye
22. “Anything that controls my state of mind I never really want to do because I always want to be under control. That might be part of me being a Virgo. I never want to do something that stops me from being in control of who I am and my actions.” – Keke Palmer
23. “I wish I did have time to relax, but I’m a Virgo and it’s just not in me.” – Eva Marie
24. “I love finding things. I love digging around in the dirt. It’s part of my Virgo. It’s like acting, really. You’re always searching around for something and finding little hidden treasures.” – Julia Sawalha
25. “I’m a Virgo and the sign is a virgin. So when I was 16, I got the word ‘virgin’ tattooed on my wrist, thinking I was so deep and cool. And now I just look really weird having ‘virgin’ written across my wrist and I have to explain it.” – Nicole Richie
26. “Either you are a good Virgo or a crazy Virgo! The good Virgo side of me is educating and raising the children – being there for them.” – Carine Roitfeld
27. “I’m on the daft scale. I mean, I am a typical Virgo in some ways. I am driven. I like to be prepared. I make lists. But I also like to muck around.” – Suranne Jones
28. “I am a competitor, I am a Virgo, and for me, I would never quit anything.” – Michelle Visage
Virgo quotes from books
29. “She was a Virgo. She was used to solving problems , even if it meant she spent far too much time mulling things over in the bathtub.” – Leslye Walton, The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender
30. “Virgo is particular; she’ll wear a worried frown while she straightens up your tie and dusts your shoulders down.” – Bernie Morris, ABC of Astrology
31. “Virgo is the smell of nature, but in a sexy way.” – Robert Black
32. “Pay attention to the little details. They appreciate when someone takes the time to remember something little about them.” – K.C. Stewart, The Truth in Love: Virgo
33. “I suffer from the Virgo disease: nothing I did was pure enough. I was never sure whether I wanted disciples or partisans. I was never sure if I wanted Parliament or a hermitage.” – Leonard Cohen
34. “It also takes a lot of work to win a Virgo’s love. However, when a Virgo’s love is won, such love is smoldering, passionate, and does not cool quickly.” ― Saskia Hall, The Ultimate Crystal Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Using Crystals and Gem Stones for Your Zodiac Sign
35. “Virgo: Your teddy bear will reveal that he is pregnant and will require counseling.” – Sue Limb, Girl, 15, Charming But Insane
36. “When the sun is in Virgo, send children to school. This signe signifieth a change of place.” ― Deborah Harkness, The Book of Life
Virgo quotes about perfectionism
37. “Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor.” – Anne Lamott
38. “In order to go on living one must try to escape the death involved in perfectionism.” – Hannah Arendt
39. “Perfectionism rarely begets perfection, or satisfaction – only disappointment.” – Ryan Holiday
40. “However, don’t let perfectionism become an excuse for never getting started.” – Marilu Henner
41. “The essence of being human is that one does not seek perfection.” – George Orwell
42. “This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections.” – Saint Augustine
43. “Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
44. “A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection.” – Chuck Palahniuk
45. “Perfectionists demand perfection from themselves first and foremost.” – Joyce Meyer
46. “Perfection has one grave defect: it is apt to be dull.” – W. Somerset Maugham
47. “I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for; perfection is God’s business.” – Michael J. Fox
More Virgo quotes and sayings
48. “Perfection is perfectly simple; fouling things up requires true skill.” – Douglas Horton
49. “The pursuit of perfection often impedes improvement.” – George Will
50. “I’m always in search for perfection. If it’s not perfect, I’m back to the drawing board.” – Venus Williams
51. “I believe in astrology and the spirits. I’m a Virgo myself.” – Peter Sellers
52. “Virgos are very faithful. I’m a faithful friend. I’m a faithful lover.” – Karl Lagerfeld
53. “I’m a Virgo and I’m really good at scheduling. And I really make it work. I get up at 6.30 every day.” – Nicole Richie
54. “I’m a Virgo and I’m more – I don’t want to say ‘negative’ – but I’m the girl who thinks no one’s coming to my birthday party, no one’s buying my clothes, no one’s reading my book, no one’s watching my show – that’s just how I think.” – Rachel Zoe
55. “The only Virgos left in the world are people like you who were born in August.” – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Are you a perfectionist?
There’s nothing wrong with having high standards. But, when those standards prevent you from living a fulfilling, happy life you may be a perfectionist.
Throughout my high school career, I dealt with perfectionism. I would obsess over the details of my school projects. The project would end up taking a lot longer than it needed to. What helped me was keeping an eye on the bigger picture of the situation. That mindset helped put my actions into perspective and to stop obsessing over details that wouldn’t matter much in the end.
Which of these Virgo quotes and sayings is your favorite? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below!