These witty quotes will give you a motivational push as well as a bit of humor.
Having wit means you are intelligent but in a funny way! Developing witty characteristics certainly has its benefits. People tend to like witty people more. Having wit makes you seem both smart and relatable. Witty people put others at ease, therefore people tend to gravitate towards witty people and look at those with wit as leaders in their environment.
There are many traits that a leader should have. While inspirational, motivational, and charismatic are all traits that come to mind first, another important characteristic is the ability to be funny. Leaders often need to lead others in stressful or unfavorable situations, and, sometimes they have to deliver bad news.
A leader who is unable to see the humor in life may come off harsh and may demotivate their team, whereas a leader who is witty may feel more trustworthy and therefore more capable to their team members.
See if these witty quotes strike your funny bone.
Also check out our list of John Mulaney quotes that will remind you laughter is the best medicine.
Wise and witty quotes
1. “Arguing with a fool proves there are two.” – Doris M. Smith
2. “A person with a sharp tongue will eventually cut themselves.” – J. Robson Koenig
3. “A witty saying proves nothing.” – Voltaire
4. “By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day.” – Robert Frost
5. “Do your own thinking independently. Be the chess player, not the chess piece.” – Ralph Charell
6. “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” – Mark Twain
7. “Dreams have only one owner at a time. That’s why dreamers are lonely.” – Erma Bombeck
8. “Pretending to care what men think is an art. It takes moments to learn, but lifetimes to master. I’d like to believe I’m an expert.” – Dennis Sharpe
9. “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool.” – Richard P. Feynman
10. “The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.” – Wayne Dyer
11. “The important thing to remember is not to forget.” – Benny Bellamacina
12. “We tend to get what we expect.” – Norman Vincent Peale
13. “The world hates change yet it is the only thing that has brought progress.” – Charles F. Kettering
14. “Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.” – Confucius
Funny witty quotes
15. “Don’t worry about people stealing an idea. If it’s original, you will have to ram it down their throats.” – Howard Aiken
16. “One man’s theology is another man’s belly laugh.” – Robert Heinlein
17. “One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory.” – Rita Mae Brown
18. “The advantage of growing up with siblings is that you become very good at fractions.” – Robert Brault
19. “The problem with a life spent reading is you know too much.” – Josh Lanyon
20. “When I die cremate me so I can finally fit into something small.” – Xondra Day
21. “Never miss a good chance to shut up.” – Will Rogers
22. “Light travels faster than sound. That’s why some people seem bright until they talk!” – Unknown
Witty quotes that are inspirational
23. “A person is wise if he listens to millions of advice and doesn’t implement any of it.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
24. “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” – Confucius
25. “Dreams don’t work unless you do.” – John C. Maxwell
26. “To improve is to change. To be perfect is to change often.” – Winston Churchill
27. “The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal with, but whether it’s the same problem you had last year.” – John Foster Dulles
28. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius
Also read these inspiring laughter quotes proving why it’s the best medicine.
Witty quotes about friendships and relationships
29. “A skunk is better company than a person who prides himself on being ‘frank’.” – Robert Heinlein
30. “A true friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be anywhere else.” – Len Wein
31. “A true friend overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!” – Doug Larson
32. “Courtship is to marriage, as a very witty prologue to a very dull play.” – William Congreve
33. “So just let me deal with it, I can be emotionally flawed and still love you all at the same time. I’m a great multitasker.” – Holly Hood
34. “The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend.” – Abraham Lincoln
35. “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
36. “Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don’t say.” – Unknown
37. “Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait to hear the answer.” – Unknown
38. “Friends are like melons; shall I tell you why? To find a good one, you must one hundred try.” – Claude Mermet
39. “I don’t miss him; I miss who I thought he was.” – Unknown
40. “It’s far better to be alone than in bad company.” – George Washington
Motivational witty quotes
41. “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
42. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James
43. “Action will destroy your procrastination.” – Og Mandino
44. “Don’t be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
45. “Playing it safe is the riskiest choice we can ever make.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
46. “The problem human beings face is not that we aim too high and fail, but that we aim too low and succeed.” – Michaelangelo (See more Michaelangelo quotes)
47. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
48. “It is astonishing how long it takes to finish something you are not working on.” – Unknown
49. “Many people have a good aim in life, but for some reason they never pull the trigger.” – Unknown
50. “You can’t build a reputation on what you’re going to do.” – Henry Ford
Other witty quotes and sayings
51. “A technicality I’m prepared to hide wildly behind.” – Jim Butcher
52. “I respect only those who resist me, but cannot tolerate them.” – Charles de Gaulle
53. “It is safer to beg than to take, but it is finer to take than to beg.” – Oscar Wilde
54. “Experience was something it was difficult to avoid, though many people had managed to keep it to a minimum.” – Philip José Farmer
55. “My mistakes are usually so enjoyable that I tend to repeat them.” – Lisa Kleypas
Which witty quote was your favorite?
There are many benefits to fine-tuning your witty talent. Beyond making you more likable and trustworthy, wittiness strengthens your intelligence and helps you to be more creative. Being put on the spot to come up with witty banter will make your brian work harder, and therefore make you more capable during stressful moments.
Hopefully, these witty quotes help spark the wit in you. Come back to these quotes whenever you’re looking for a motivational push as well as a bit of humor.
Did you enjoy these witty quotes and sayings? Do you have a witty quote you would like to share? Let us know in the comment section below.