No matter where you’re at or what season you’re in, these snow quotes will come in handy when you want to reminisce about your winter adventures.
When Mother Nature decorates, she covers our world with the whitest snow and it’s breathtakingly beautiful.
Why is snow important to our ecosystem
For you who love winter and the magnificent snow that comes with it, here are 50 snow quotes to keep so you can remind yourself how romantic and fun your favorite season can be.
At least, when spring and summer begin to take over and scrape off the remnants of winter, you have the memories of snow flurries, snow angels, snowflakes and icicles aptly described in this collection of snow quotes from poets and authors who look at winter the same way you do – behind different-colored lenses.
We also have a collection of winter quotes to get you through the coldest yet magical season of the year. Be sure to check that out as well.
Snow quotes for winter lovers
1. “The hard soil and four months of snow make the inhabitants of the northern temperate zone wiser and abler than his fellow who enjoys the fixed smile of the tropics. ” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “There’s just something beautiful about walking on snow that nobody else has walked on. It makes you believe you’re special.” – Carol Rifka Brunt
3. “A light snow touches her cheek like an angel’s butterfly kisses.” – Imran Shaikh
4. “A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.”- Markus Zusak
5. “A wet autumn morning, a garbage truck clattering down the street. The first snowfall of the season, blossom sized flakes falling languidly and melting on the ground, a premature snow fall delicate as lace, rapidly melting.”- Joyce Carol Oates
6. “Are ye the ghosts of fallen leaves, O flakes of snow, for which, through naked trees, the winds A-mourning go?” – John Banister Tabb
7. “At the darkest time of year, Lord Yule laid down his beard of snow and cloak of frost and ice to illuminate the gloom.” – Stewart Stafford
8. “Even if you took it as cascading snowy mountains, it was not a cool snow-white. The cold of the snow and it’s warm colour made a kind of music.” – Yasunari Kawabata
9. “For winter was coming. The days were shorter, and frost crawled up the window panes at night. Soon the snow would come. Then the log house would be almost buried in snowdrifts, and the lake and the stream would freeze.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
10. “I love snow for the same reason I love Christmas: It brings people together while time stands still. Cozy couples lazily meandered the streets and children trudged sleds and chased snowballs. No one seemed to be in a rush to experience anything other than the glory of the day, with each other, whenever and however it happened.” – Rachel Cohn
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Merry Christmas quotes that help us celebrate the holiday.
Snow quotes to reminisce about your winter adventures
11. “I love you because no two snowflakes are alike, and it is possible, if you stand tippy-toe, to walk between the raindrops.” – Nikki Giovanni
12. “I remember being excited about seeing snow for the very first time.” – Thi Bui
13. “I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, “Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.” – Lewis Carroll
14. “In the winter, the snow had become glittery fairy dust that had given all the creatures of the meadow warm clothes and a fire to help them endure the winter.” – Carla Reighard
15. “It snowed last year too: I made a snowman and my brother knocked it down and I knocked my brother down and then we had tea.” – Dylan Thomas
16. “It takes a snowflake two hours to fall from cloud to earth. Can’t you just see its slow, peaceful decent?” – Amy Krouse Rosenthal
17. “It was evenings like that when beneath dim light and relaxing in a sultry bath that she missed him the most. A flicker of candlelight, wind breathing snow against the window and the soothing scent of creme caramel – all were a comfort to her as she closed her eyes, summoned memories and many a tender thought. She didn’t feel deserving of the devotion bestowed upon her, but she had finally learned to accept its wondrous gift, knowing that love was the source of existence and its only end.” – Donna Lynn Hope
18. “It was the kind of snow that brought children running out their doors, made them turn their faces skyward, and spin in circles with their arms outstretched.”- Eowyn Ivey
19. “Lights from across the bay twinkled in the night and Christmas carols played softly in the background. She wished for snow to fall to add to the season.” – Sharon Brubaker
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of funny Christmas quotes about the power of humor during the holiday.
20. “My breath came out in a fog and rose into the milky sky. Snow fell on my eyelashes, and all of Brooklyn turned white, a world in a globe. Every snowflake that I caught was a miracle unlike any other.” – Alice Hoffman
Also check out these insightful January quotes about winter and snow.
Snow quotes that will warm your heart
21. “One winter morning Peter woke up and looked out the window. Snow had fallen during the night. It covered everything as far as he could see.” – Ezra Jack Keats
22. “Outside, the sky was clear, stars gleaming in its ebony vastness like celestial fireflies. It was bitterly cold, and Hywel’s every breath trailed after him in pale puffs of smoke. The glazed snow crackled underfoot as he started towards the great hall.” – Sharon Kay Penman
23. “Snow always makes me think of ice-cream. Glaciers look like where it’s dribbled.” – Jane Wilson-Howarth
24. “Snow falling soundlessly in the middle of the night will always fill my heart with sweet clarity” – Novala Takemoto
25. “Snow flurries began to fall and they swirled around people’s legs like house cats. It was magical, this snow globe world.” – Sarah Addison Allen
26. “Snow is covering us. Close your eyes and sleep. Close your eyes and dream. This is one story. There will be another.” – Jeanette Winterson
27. “Snow is the truth only when it’s snowing.” – Marty Rubin
28. “Snow is…a beautiful reminder of life and all its quirks. It makes me pause. Think. Stay still. Even my mind takes the hint. It makes me feel giddy. Like a kid. I bring my hot cocoa to the window and simply sit and reminisce…It brings me back to days of school cancellations and snow igloos and King of the Mountain games in my childhood neighborhood…That for this one moment in time, I’m not an adult with all the headaches that can accompany that responsibility, but instead, I’m still the girl in pigtails with the handmade hat and mittens, just waiting to build her next snowman.” – R.B. O’Brien
29. “Snow. As ever the silent snow. It hems you in, lifts your spirit, and as you soar awhile it lets you down for being the meaningless ashen powder that it is.” – André Aciman
30. “Snowflakes are one of nature’s most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together.” – Vesta M. Kelly
Snow quotes that will rejuvenate your personal perspective
31. “Snowflakes are pretty patterns etched in water’s dreams.”- Anthony T. Hincks
32. “Some people spend their entire lives seeing the snow without ever seeing the magic in the existence of one snowflake.” – Emily Littlejohn
33. “Sometimes I would like to be a child again, and other times a woman made of snow.” – Deirdre Sullivan
34. “Thank goodness for the first snow, it was a reminder–no matter how old you became and how much you’d seen, things could still be new if you were willing to believe they still mattered.” – Candace Bushnell
35. “The sky was clear, the stars hung high overhead, and the moon was just a sliver, rather than a full moon, so that it proved to be significantly dark out. However, the coating of snow upon the ground looked bright in the moonlight.” – Danielle Renee Wallace
36. “The snow began to fall again, drifting against the windows, politely begging entrance and then falling with disappointment to the ground” – Jamie McGuire
37. “The snow doesn’t give a soft white damn whom it touches.” – E.E. Cummings
38. “The snow falls soft and unfathomable, drawing the world down to a whitened hush, forcing us (as few things do) to pause long enough to take stock of everything that we miss in our crazed pursuit to gain everything that we can.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
39. “The snow fell as softly as a poet’s tears.” – Kevin Ansbro
40. “The snow starts again in the afternoon: fine flakes at first, but becoming gradually heavier. The world is silent. I watch through the window as it continues to fall. I’m supposed to be working on writing this book, but I am staring at the view out of the window, which is like a giant snow globe. Someone has shaken my world and I’m watching as it rearranges itself.” – Mae Leveson
You might also like these autumn quotes that show the beauty of the season.
Snow quotes to inspire your sense of wonder
41. “The snow was coming down so hard. It looked like the flakes were hurrying to get out of the sky so the next ones would have room to fall.”- Bill McKibben
42. “The snow was too light to stay, the ground too warm to keep it. And the strange spring snow fell only in that golden moment of dawn, the turning of the page between night and day.” – Shannon Hale
43. “The wastes of snow on the hill were ghostly in the moonlight. The stars were piercingly bright.” – Maud Hart Lovelace
44. “The wind crooned softly as it dusted the snow against the windows, wrapping them in a thick and fluffy cotton blanket.” – Soheir Khashoggi
45. “There were ghosts in the wind, whispers from the snow or the invisible meltwater flowing beneath.”- Rich Shapero
46. “This is my first snow at Smith. It is like any other snow, but from a different window, and there lies the singular charm of it.” – Sylvia Plath
47. “Women differ like snowflakes.” – Lara Biyuts
48. “You should see my corgis at sunset in the snow. It’s their finest hour. About five o’clock they glow like copper. Then they come in and lie in front of the fire like a string of sausages.” – Tasha Tudor
49. “The snow did not even whisper its way to earth, but seemed to salt the night with silence.” – Dean Koontz
50. “To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake it is necessary to stand out in the cold.” – Aristotle
More snow quotes and sayings
51. “A cold wind was blowing from the north, and it made the trees rustle like living things.” – George R.R. Martin
52. “Snow is like rain in slow motion, swirling around the sky in soft white flakes til it gently kisses the ground. And today I’m going to go outside and get smacked in the face by millions of little kisses.” – Rhonda Savage Thompson
53. “Snow is falling outside and all is peaceful and still. In such moments it is possible to believe that the world could still be good.” – Richard Paul Evans
54. “In the darkness and the snow, the street is empty and it is just the night, the ice and me.” – Miriam Joy
55. “The flakes are the size of tiny feathers, and that’s the way snow is, it’s not necessarily cold.” – Peter Høeg
56. “Will had loved the snow, the cleanness of it, the quiet, the sense of peace it brought, had loved it even though winter meant hard chores.” – Sandra Dallas
57. “Love is life’s snow. It falls deepest and softest into the gashes left by the fight – whiter and purer than snow itself.” – Fridtjof Nansen
58. “I think a lot of snowflakes are alike…and I think a lot of people are alike too.” – Bret Easton Ellis
59. “It was as if he were in a place that the whole world had forgotten; as if it were snowing at the end of the world.” – Orhan Pamuk
60. “Wind blew snow crystals back and forth between the graves. The ancient pines creaked overhead.” – Mike Bond
Which of these snow quotes reminded you of the beauty in nature
These snow quotes can come in handy when you want to reminisce about your winter adventures regardless of where you’re at or what season you’re in.
If you still remember what you were wearing or who you’re with when your very first or most memorable snowfall, snow fight, snow angel, snow man, or walking in the snow in your pajamas with a hot cup of cocoa to warm you up on Christmas day happened, then you’re a certified snow lover.
Keep these quotes about snow as part of your winter holiday tradition by reading them with your loved ones while you all sit comfortably by the fireplace before you exchange stories of your own winter adventures over hot chocolate and delish warm pastries.
Did we miss any of your favorite snow quotes and sayings in this collection? Let us know in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.