Want to relive the magic of Marvel’s 2018 culture-defining film phenomenon Black Panther? Check out the Black Panther quotes down below to say “Wakanda Forever!” one last time.
What’s your favorite scene from Black Panther?
Starring Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, and Lupita Nyong’o, Black Panther centers around the crowning of T’Challa, an African prince, as king after his father’s death.
As Marvel’s first film starring a black superhero, anticipation surrounding the movie grew dramatically, especially on social media. The movie has since made over $1 billion in the box office worldwide, only beat by Marvel’s Avengers series.
In this article, we’re going to take a look back at the most memorable moments from T’Challa, Killmonger, Shuri, and more. Enjoy these Black Panther quotes!
Black Panther quotes from T’Challa
1. “Wakanda forever!” – T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman)
2. “I am not king of all people. I am King of Wakanda. And it is my responsibility to make sure our people are safe and that vibranium does not fall into the hands of a person like you.” – T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman)
3. “If you were not so stubborn you would make a great queen.” – T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman)
4. “I will not abandon someone to die, when I have the means to save his life.” – T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman)
5. “Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe.” – T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman)
6. “What happens now determines what happens to the rest of the world.” – T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman)
7. “He killed his own brother and left a child behind with nothing. What kind of king… what kind of man does that?” – T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman)
8. “You want to see us become just like the people you hate so much! Divide and conquer, just as they did!” – T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman)
9. “You were wrong – all of you were wrong – to turn your backs on the rest of the world! We let the fear of discovery stop us from doing what is right. No more! I cannot stay here with you. I cannot rest while he sits on the throne! He is a monster of our own making! I must take the mantle back. I must! I must right these wrongs!” – T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman)
10. “Our weapons will not be used to wage war on the world. It is not our way to be judge, jury, and executioner for people who are not our own.” – T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman)
You might also like these Captain America quotes from popular Marvel movies.
Black Panther quotes from Erik “Killmonger” Stevens
11. “How do you think your ancestors got these? Did they pay a fair price, or did they take them, like they took everything else?” – Erik “Killmonger” Stevens (Michael B. Jordan)
12. “All over the planet our people suffer because they do not have the tools to fight back.” – Erik “Killmonger” Stevens (Michael B. Jordan)
13. “Y’all sitting up here all comfortable. Must feel good. Meanwhile, there’s about two billion people all over the world that look like us, but their lives are a lot harder.” – Erik “Killmonger” Stevens (Michael B. Jordan)
14. “You got all this security in here watching me ever since I walked in. But you ain’t checking for what you put in your body.” – Erik “Killmonger” Stevens (Michael B. Jordan)
15. “Can you believe that? A kid from Oakland walking around believing in fairytales.” – Erik “Killmonger” Stevens (Michael B. Jordan)
16. “I’ve waited my whole life for this. The world’s going to start over. I’ma burn it all!” – Erik “Killmonger” Stevens (Michael B. Jordan)
17. “Just bury me in the ocean with my ancestors who jumped from ships, ’cause they knew death was better than bondage.” – Erik “Killmonger” Stevens (Michael B. Jordan)
18. “I lived my entire life waiting for this moment. I trained, I lied, I killed just to get here. I killed in America, Afghanistan, Iraq… I took life from my own brothers and sisters right here on this continent! And all this death just so I could kill you.” – Erik “Killmonger” Stevens (Michael B. Jordan)
19. “People die every day. That’s just part of life around here.” – Erik “Killmonger” Stevens (Michael B. Jordan)
20. “When I tell you to do something, I mean that shit.” – Erik “Killmonger” Stevens (Michael B. Jordan)
Black Panther quotes from Shuri
21. “This corset is really uncomfortable, so could we all just wrap it up and go home?” — Shuri (Letitia Wright)
22. “When you said you would take me to California for the first time, I thought you meant Coachella.” — Shuri (Letitia Wright)
23. “How many times do I have to teach you: just because something works doesn’t mean it can’t be improved.” — Shuri (Letitia Wright)
24. “The Black Panther lives. And when he fights for the fate of Wakanda, I will be right beside him.” — Shuri (Letitia Wright)
25. “Don’t scare me like that, colonizer!” — Shuri (Letitia Wright)
26. “I invite you to my lab and you just kick things around.” — Shuri (Letitia Wright)
27. “The real question is: WHAT ARE THOSE?” — Shuri (Letitia Wright)
28. “You sure it’s a good idea to take your ex on a mission?” — Shuri (Letitia Wright)
29. “Great, another broken white boy for us to fix. This is going to be fun.” — Shuri (Letitia Wright)
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Thanos quotes about conquering the world from Avengers.
Black Panther quotes from Okoye
30. “Guns. So primitive.” – Okoye (Danai Gurira)
31. “If he touches you again, I’m going to impale him on this desk.” – Okoye (Danai Gurira)
32. “I am loyal to the throne. What are you loyal to?” – Okoye (Danai Gurira)
33. “Your heart is so full of hatred. You are not fit to be king.” – Okoye (Danai Gurira)
34. “Just don’t freeze when you see her.” – Okoye (Danai Gurira)
35. “Wakanda survived for so long by only fighting when absolutely necessary.” – Okoye (Danai Gurira)
Black Panther quotes from others
36. “Show them who you are.” – Ramonda (Angela Bassett)
37. “Your father taught you all that warrior nonsense—but he also taught you how to think. Don’t fight this war with guns.” – Ramonda (Angela Bassett)
38. “You can’t let your father’s mistakes define who you are. You get to decide what kind of king you are going to be.” – Nakia (Lupita Nyong’o)
39. “You’re a good man with a good heart. And it’s hard for a good man to be king.” – King T’Chaka (John Kani)
40. “Put some music on. What do you think this is, a funeral?” – Ulysses Klaue (Andy Serkis)
41. “I would make a great queen because I am so stubborn.” – Nakia (Lupita Nyong’o)
42. “The world is changing. Soon there will only be the conquered and the conquerors. I’d rather be the former.” – W’Kabi (Daniel Kaluuya)
43. “It’s a vibranium car, you idiots! The bullets won’t penetrate!” – Ulysses Klaue (Andy Serkis)
44. “Did you think you were the only spy we sent to the States?” – King T’Chaka (Atandwa Kani)
45. “I have seen gods fly. I have seen men build weapons that I couldn’t even imagine. I have seen aliens drop from the sky. But I have never seen anything like this. How much more are you hiding?” – Everett K. Ross (Martin Freeman)
46. “A man who has not prepared his children for his own death has failed as a father. Have I ever failed you?” – King T’Chaka (John Kani)
47. “You let the refugees in, they bring their problems with them, and then Wakanda is like everywhere else.” – W’Kabi (Daniel Kaluuya)
48. “That is quite the entourage!” – Everett K. Ross (Martin Freeman)
49. “You look just like your old man.” – Ulysses Klaue (Andy Serkis)
50. “The king is dead. Come with me if you don’t want to join him!” – Nakia (Lupita Nyong’o)
More Black Panther quotes and lines
51. “I never yielded! And as you can see, I am not dead!”— T’Challa
52. “The Black Panther has been a protector of Wakanda for generations. And now, it is time to show the outside world who we are.”— T’Challa
53. “Your father and I would talk about this day all the time. He is with us. And it is your time to be king.” – Ramonda
54. “The Black Panther fights for us. And I will be there beside him.”
55. “Stand up! You are a king!” – King T’Chaka
56. “Today we don’t fight for one life, we fight for all of them.”— T’Challa
57. “Like an antelope in headlights.”— Okoye
58. “Is this your king?”―Erik Killmonger
59. “I am loyal to that throne, no matter WHO sits on it.”— Okoye
60. “If anyone found out what we truly are, what we possess… it could destroy the world.”―T’Challa
61. “In my culture, death is not the end. It’s more of a stepping off point. You reach out with both hands and Bast and Sekhmet, they lead you into a green veld where… you can run forever.” – T’Challa
What impact has Black Panther made in your life?
I remember seeing Black Panther for the first time on opening night, in a sold-out crowd. It was such a different experience than seeing any other movie.
It almost felt like I was looking into a mirror, like I was finally being seen for the first time. I could only imagine how much the movie impacted little black boys and girls, who are seeing themselves portrayed as superheroes on the big screen.
I hope that representation continues to diversify in the film industry. Representation motivates people worldwide to reach for the stars and chase their dreams.
Which of these Black Panther quotes and lines is your favorite? Is there another superhero movie that Everyday Power should showcase? Let us know below!