Our latest collection of hate quotes to help you alleviate this darkness.
Hatred is a feeling that everyone has experienced at some point in their lives. It’s easy to feel hateful especially if you’ve been betrayed or hurt by someone you trusted.
Hate is a profound emotion that can pollute your spirit and poison your soul. If you have hate in your life, you probably know how damaging and mind-consuming it can become. It weakens you emotionally and can affect your body’s organs and natural processes.
Although it’s human nature to feel hate, you shouldn’t late your emotions get the best of you. When you begin to feel hateful thoughts, consciously challenge them and replace them with calmer rational thoughts.
Understand why you’re feeling hate and find a solution to the problem. Besides, you can talk to someone you trust to help alleviate the negative feelings.
Below you’ll find our collection of inspirational, profound and helpful hate quotes, hate sayings, and hate proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Don’t forget to also read our collection of quotes about jealousy.
Hate quotes on the dark side of human nature
1. ”We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.”- Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. ”Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!” – Bob Marley
3. ”Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. ”Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.”- Will Smith
5. “From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate.” – Socrates
6. ”Our lack of forgiveness makes us hate, and our lack of compassion makes us hard-hearted. Pride in our hearts makes us resentful and keeps our memory in a constant whirlwind of passion and self-pity.” – Mother Angelica
7. ”Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King
8. ”We may not know what each day has in store for us. We could be gone tomorrow. Any minute could truly be our goodbye. But we do have this moment. This time. Today. Right now. It takes way more effort to shell out hate then it does to allow love to flow freely in our lives. After all, it’s what we were born to do.” – Grace Gealey
9. ”Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within will eventually destroy the hater.”- George Washington Carver
10. ”Have we not come to such an impasse in the modern world that we must love our enemies – or else? The chain reaction of evil – hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars – must be broken, or else we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.”- Martin Luther King, Jr.
You might also like these devil quotes that will help you triumph against evil.
Hate quotes to help you find a solution to the problem
11. ”I feel sorry for anybody that could let hate wrap them up. Ain’t no such thing as I can hate anybody and hope to see God’s face.” – Fannie Lou Hamer
12. “I feel like we’ll forever live in a country that’s divided… Divided by race… Divided by love and hate.” – Raheem DeVaughn
13. ”You reclaim your power by loving what you were once taught to hate.” – Bryant H. McGill
14. “This world of ours… must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect.”- Dwight D. Eisenhower
15. “Remember, always give your best. Never get discouraged. Never be petty. Always remember, others may hate you. But those who hate you don’t win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.” – Richard M. Nixon
16. ”When we create hope and opportunity in the lives of others, we allow love, decency and promise to triumph over cowardice and hate.” – Kirsten Gillibrand
17. “If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn’t part of ourselves doesn’t disturb us.” – Hermann Hesse
18. ”I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.”- James Baldwin
19. “I don’t think you can ever be bitter about anything, because if you don’t allow your heart to stay open, then all you have is a filled heart of hate and bitterness, and you’re never able to love or like anybody.”- Debbie Reynolds
20. “Be grateful for luck. Pay the thunder no mind – listen to the birds. And don’t hate nobody.” – Eubie Blake
Also read these darkness quotes for overcoming life’s toughest times.
Hate quotes to help you control your feelings
21. ”In time we hate that which we often fear.”- William Shakespeare
22. “The more people love you, the more there’s going to be people that hate you.” – Kylie Jenner
23. “Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better.”- Sydney J. Harris
24. ”The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.”- Charlie Chaplin
25. ”A desire arises in the mind. It is satisfied immediately another comes. In the interval which separates two desires a perfect calm reigns in the mind. It is at this moment freed from all thought, love or hate. Complete peace equally reigns between two mental waves.”- Swami Sivananda
26. ”A person is born with feelings of envy and hate. If he gives way to them, they will lead him to violence and crime, and any sense of loyalty and good faith will be abandoned.”- Xun Kuang
27. “If you’re an advocate of gentleness, you’re simplistic and naive. If you’re an advocate of despair and hate, you’re sophisticated.”- Leo Buscaglia
28. “The voice of the intelligence is drowned out by the roar of fear. It is ignored by the voice of desire. It is contradicted by the voice of shame. It is biased by hate and extinguished by anger. Most of all it is silenced by ignorance.” – Karl A. Menninger
29. ”The wicked envy and hate; it is their way of admiring.” – Victor Hugo
30. ”We do not hate as long as we still attach a lesser value, but only when we attach an equal or a greater value.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Hate quotes to help alleviate the negative feelings
31. “People can hate on you for doing what it is that makes you happy, but ultimately, it has to belong to you. It shouldn’t matter what anyone else thinks. Life is not easy. The road to happiness is not a path well trotted. You have to find your own path to enlightenment.”- Jamie Campbell Bower
32. ”The reason men oppose progress is not that they hate progress, but that they love inertia.” – Elbert Hubbard
33. ”Anger is like flowing water; there’s nothing wrong with it as long as you let it flow. Hate is like stagnant water; anger that you denied yourself the freedom to feel, the freedom to flow; water that you gathered in one place and left to forget. Stagnant water becomes dirty, stinky, disease-ridden, poisonous, deadly; that is your hate. On flowing water travels little paper boats; paper boats of forgiveness. Allow yourself to feel anger, allow your waters to flow, along with all the paper boats of forgiveness. Be human.” – C. JoyBell C.
34. “When you really know somebody you can’t hate them. Or maybe it’s just that you can’t really know them until you stop hating them.” – Orson Scott Card
35. ”I will permit no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him.” – Booker T. Washington
36. ”Sensitive people usually love deeply and hate deeply. They don’t know any other way to live than by extremes because their emotional thermostat is broken.” – Shannon L. Alder
37. ”The worst enemy is one whose doctrines are founded in hate and are thus beyond debate.” – Tobsha Learner
38. “Race hate isn’t human nature; race hate is the abandonment of human nature.” – Orson Welles
39. ”A man who lives, not by what he loves but what he hates, is a sick man.” – Archibald MacLeish
40. “Hate is like a swordfish, working through water invisibly and then you see it coming with blood along its blade, but transparency disarms it.” – Pablo Neruda
Don’t forget to also read these thought-provoking quotes about enemies and how to deal with them.
Hate quotes to help you address this darkness
41. “Hate is the consequence of fear; we fear something before we hate it; a child who fears noises becomes a man who hates noise.” – Cyril Connolly
42. ”Impotent hatred is the most horrible of all emotions; one should hate nobody whom one cannot destroy.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
43. “The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less.” – Eldridge Cleaver
44. ”Love makes everything lovely; hate concentrates itself on the one thing hated.” – George MacDonald
45. “Chances are that when someone is hating on you, it’s not about you at all. It’s about them. It’s their fear, their jealously, their boredom, and their insecurity.” – Unknown
46. ”Sometimes people hate you not because you did something wrong but because you’re better than them and they cannot beat you.” – Unknown
47. ”Beware of enemies who come disguised as friends, if a person hates you they won’t want to see you succeeding at anything and they will try to discourage you whenever they get the chance.” – Rashida Rowe
48. ”There is no beauty in sadness. No honor in suffering. No growth in fear. No relief in hate. It’s just a waste of perfectly good happiness.” – Katerina Stoykova Klemer
49. ”Hate is a lack of imagination.” – Graham Greene
50. ”To truly hate is an art one learns with time.” – Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Thought-provoking hate quotes
51. “Animals don’t hate and we’re supposed to be better than them.” – Elvis Presley
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Elvis Presley quotes that illustrate the man behind the music we all know and love.
52. “Hating people is like burning down your own house to get rid of a rat.” –
Harry Emerson Fosdick
53. “Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in this world, but has not solved one yet.” – Maya Angelou
54. “I shall never permit myself to stoop so low as to hate any man.” –
Booker T. Washington
55. “Hate wins when you choose not to make things.” – Dan Norris
56. “Hatred is the coward’s revenge for being intimidated.” – George Bernard Shaw
57. “Your time is too precious to be sacrificed in wasted days combating the menial forces of hate, jealously, and envy.” – Og Mandino
58. “When we don’t know who to hate, we hate ourselves.” – Chuck Palahniuk
59. “Let no man pull you so low as to hate him.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
60. “I know that you cannot hate other people without hating yourself.” – Oprah Winfrey
Other hate quotes and sayings
61. “Those people, who hate you, envy your freedom.” – Santosh Kalwar
62. “Hate isn’t healthy, it damages the hater more than the one who’s hated!” – Eric Jerome Dickey
63. “Loving someone is different from being in love with someone. You can hate someone you’re in love with.” – Fyodor M. Dostoevsky
64. “Never let haters ‘still’ your flow. They can only do so with your permission.” – T.F. Hodge
65. “Live a good life. More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate.” – Roy Bennett
66. “Loving others requires a commitment. It’s no wonder people find hating others is easier than loving them.” – Ibn Jeem
67. “Hatred is the stuff that we turn on others because we turned it on ourselves first.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
68. “Everywhere people are wasting their lives with worry and hate so they have no time to lean back and love.” – Marty Rubin
69. “It’s better to anger a bit and compensate with destroying something than evolving hate.” – Ankit Samrat
70. “It’s okay to disagree with each other, what’s not okay is to hate each other because we disagree.” – Abhijit Naskar
Did you find these hate quotes helpful?
Hate is something we all feel and experience and some point in our lives. However, you can address this negative feeling before it drains your spirit and tarnishes your soul.
When you’re confronted by irrational hateful thoughts, you can either let them consume you, or you can challenge them with positive feelings. Hopefully, the above quotes will help you address this darkness and let the sunshine shine again.
Did you find these hate quotes and sayings helpful? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add to the list? Tell us in the comment section below.