Our latest collection of motivational work quotes on Everyday Power.
We all need some work motivation from time to time, maybe even every day! Whether we love our job, can’t stand our job or are searching for a new job, we all need to approach our work opportunities with a fresh, positive and effective attitude.
While work should not feel like a burden, sometimes it can be a struggle to maintain your motivation. At such times, reading some motivational work quotes can get you in the mood to get things done.
Here are some of our favorite motivational quotes about work. Enjoy!
Motivational Work quotes for when you feel like sleeping in
1. Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. –Confucius
2. Nothing will work unless you do. – Maya Angelou
3. The best preparation for good work tomorrow is to do good work today. – Elbert Hubbard
4. Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don’t turn up at all. – Sam Ewing
5. It’s like Forrest Gump said, ‘Life is like a box of chocolates.’ Your career is like a box of chocolates – you never know what you’re going to get. But everything you get is going to teach you something along the way and make you the person you are today. That’s the exciting part – it’s an adventure in itself.- Nick Carter
6. The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary. – Vince Lombardi
7. Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing. –Theodore Roosevelt
8. Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction. –Anne Frank
9. All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.- Martin Luther King, Jr.
10. Working hard and working smart sometimes can be two different things. -Byron Dorgan
11. Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work.–Booker T. Washington
Best Motivational Work quotes of the day
12. There is no substitute for hard work. –Thomas A. Edison
13. Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.–Rumi
14. It is the working man who is the happy man. It is the idle man who is the miserable man. –Benjamin Franklin
15. I’ve learned from experience that if you work harder at it, and apply more energy and time to it, and more consistency, you get a better result. It comes from the work.-Louis C. K.
16. The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work. -Harry Golden
17. Once you start a working on something, don’t be afraid of failure and don’t abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest. -Chanakya
18. Every man’s work, whether it be literature, or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself. -Samuel Butler
19. And where I excel is ridiculous, sickening, work ethic. You know, while the other guy’s sleeping? I’m working.–Will Smith
20. To find joy in work is to discover the fountain of youth. -Pearl S. Buck
21. Big jobs usually go to those who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.-Theodore Roosevelt
You might also like these motivational laziness quotes that will help you take control and fight laziness.
Inspiring Work quotes about helping your team
22. Let us realize that: the privilege to work is a gift, the power to work is a blessing, the love of work is success! -David O. McKay
23. There is joy in work. There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something. -Henry Ford
24. The harder I work, the luckier I get. – Samuel Goldwyn
25. To fulfill a dream, to be allowed to sweat over lonely labor, to be given a chance to create, is the meat and potatoes of life. The money is the gravy. –Bette Davis
26. It is your work in life that is the ultimate seduction. –Pablo Picasso
27. Life grants nothing to us mortals without hard work. -Horace
28. Be open to the amazing changes which are occurring in the field that interests you.-Leigh Steinberg
29. You’re blessed if you have the strength to work. –Mahalia Jackson
Hard Work quotes to help you get through the day
30. The only way to enjoy anything in this life is to earn it first. -Ginger Rogers
31. I can’t imagine anything more worthwhile than doing what I most love. And they pay me for it. –Edgar Winter
32. Find a job you like and you add five days to every week. –H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
33. Going to work for a large company is like getting on a train. Are you going sixty miles an hour or is the train going sixty miles an hour and you’re just sitting still? –J. Paul Getty
34. Give yourself something to work toward – constantly. –Mary Kay Ash
35. The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work. –Richard Bach
36. Concentrate on your job and you will forget your other troubles.– William Feather
37. If you put all your strength and faith and vigor into a job and try to do the best you can, the money will come. -Lawrence Welk
Also check out these employee appreciation quotes and sayings to motivate your team.
Motivational Work Hard quotes about finding balance
38. Big pay and little responsibility are circumstances seldom found together. –Napoleon Hill
39. No one can arrive from being talented alone, work transforms talent into genius. -Anna Pavlova
40. It is only when I am doing my work that I feel truly alive. –Federico Fellini
41. Work is not man’s punishment. It is his reward and his strength and his pleasure. –George Sand
42. The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand. –Vince Lombardi
43. Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe. –Gail Devers
Motivating work quotes when you feel burnt out
44. Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you ,just keep on believing in yourself and turn it in to something positive. -Leah LaBelle
45. Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. -J. Paul Getty
46. If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. –Bruce Lee
47. Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored. –Earl Nightingale
48. The road to success is not easy to navigate, but with hard work, drive and passion, it’s possible to achieve the American dream. –Tommy Hilfiger
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of American dream quotes that will inspire you to achieve your own version of success.
49. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. –Steve Jobs
50. Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren’t sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. -John Carmack
Other motivational work quotes
51. Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. – Pele
52. Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. – Newt Gingrich
53. “Don’t give up. The beginning is always the hardest. Life rewards those who work hard at it.” – Unknown
54. You see, God helps only people who work hard. That principle is very clear. – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
55. “I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.”– Thomas Jefferson
56. Do your work with your whole heart, and you will succeed – there’s so little competition. – Elbert Hubbard
57. “Greatness is sifted through the grind, therefore don’t despise the hard work now for surely it will be worth it in the end.”– Sanjo Jendayi
58. “All growth depends upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work.”– Calvin Coolidge
59. “If you can’t stop thinking about it, don’t stop working on it.” –Michael Jordan
60. “If you don’t burn out at the end of each day, you’re a bum.”– George Lois
Don’t forget to also check out these hustle quotes to help you get things done.
More motivational work quotes and sayings
61. “Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
62. “Work without love is slavery.” – Mother Teresa
63. “If you care about what you do and work hard at it, there isn’t anything you can’t do if you want to.” – Jim Henson
64. “Even though your time on the job is temporary, if you do a good enough job, your work there will last forever.” – Idowu Koyenikan
65. “Make your work to be in keeping with your purpose.” – Leonardo da Vinci
66. “‘Go and get your things,’ he said. ‘Dreams mean work.’” – Paulo Coelho
67. “Any damn fool can beg up some kind of job; it takes a wise man to make it without working.” – Charles Bukowski
68. “That’s when I first learned that it wasn’t enough to just do your job, you had to have an interest in it, even a passion for it.” – Charles Bukowski
69. “When given an opportunity, deliver excellence and never quit.” – Robert Rodriguez
70. “Be a worthy worker and work will come.” – Amit Kalantri
Which are your favorite motivational work quotes?
Sometimes finding the motivation to work can be a struggle. Some days you feel determined, and other days you lack enthusiasm and struggle to start important projects.
Off days happen to everyone. There are bound to be times when you feel stuck, procrastinate too much, lack focus and struggle to do your best work.
When you feel stuck at work, reading some words of inspiration can help you get your enthusiasm back. Hopefully, these motivational work quotes have helped get you in a productive mood.
Did you enjoy these quotes? Which were your favorite motivational work quotes? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.