Having a positive attitude is something that can get us through even the most difficult times. If we can keep our head up, and fundamentally believe in ourselves and others, great things can be accomplished.
With a positive attitude, we will have better relationships, better work life, and a better work-life balance. Here is a little inspiration on maintaining a positive attitude each day.
For even more inspiration, be sure to also check out our list of the best attitude quotes to set you up for success.
The Best Quotes on Having a Positive Attitude and Thoughts
1. “If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden.” ― Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
2. “I do not believe in taking the right decision, I take a decision and make it right.” ― Muhammad Ali Jinnah
3. “It does not matter how long you are spending on the earth, how much money you have gathered or how much attention you have received. It is the amount of positive vibration you have radiated in life that matters,” ― Amit Ray, Meditation: Insights and Inspirations
4. “Life is a bowl of cherries. Some cherries are rotten while others are good; it’s your job to throw out the rotten ones and forget about them while you enjoy eating the ones that are good! There are two kinds of people: those who choose to throw out the good cherries and wallow in all the rotten ones, and those who choose to throw out all the rotten ones and savor all the good ones.” ― C. JoyBell C.
5. “There is a magnificent, beautiful, wonderful painting in front of you! It is intricate, detailed, a painstaking labor of devotion and love! The colors are like no other, they swim and leap, they trickle and embellish! And yet you choose to fixate your eyes on the small fly which has landed on it! Why do you do such a thing?” ― C. JoyBell C.
6. “When you are joyful, when you say yes to life and have fun and project positivity all around you, you become a sun in the center of every constellation, and people want to be near you.” ― Shannon L. Alder
7. “We become each and every piece within the game called life!” ― Allan Rufus, The Master’s Sacred Knowledge
8. “What is the difference between an obstacle and an opportunity? Our attitude toward it. Every opportunity has a difficulty, and every difficulty has an opportunity.” ― J. Sidlow Baxter
9. “Life is like a sandwich!
Birth as one slice,
and death as the other.
What you put in-between
the slices is up to you.
Is your sandwich tasty or sour?” ― Allan Rufus
10. “Cultivate an optimistic mind, use your imagination, always consider alternatives, and dare to believe that you can make possible what others think is impossible.” ― Rodolfo Costa, Advice My Parents Gave Me: and Other Lessons I Learned from My Mistakes
11. “Believing in negative thoughts is the single greatest obstruction to success.” ― Charles F. Glassman, Brain Drain The Breakthrough That Will Change Your Life
12. “Well, if it can be thought, it can be done, a problem can be overcome.” ― E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly
13. “A positive attitude is most easily arrived at through a deliberate and rational analysis of what’s required to manifest unwavering positive thought patterns. First, reflect on the actual, present condition of your mind. In other words, is the mind positive or not? We’ve all met individuals who perceive themselves as positive people but don’t appear as such. Since the mind is both invisible and intangible, it’s therefore easier to see the accurate characteristics of the mind through a person’s words, deeds, and posture.
For example, if we say, “It’s absolutely freezing today! I’ll probably catch a cold before the end of the day!” then our words expose a negative attitude. But if we say, “The temperature is very cold” (a simple statement of fact), then our expressions, and therefore attitude, are not negative. Sustaining an alert state in which self-awareness becomes possible gives us a chance to discover the origins of negativity. In doing so, we also have an opportunity to arrive at a state of positiveness, so that our words and deeds are also positive, making others feel comfortable, cheerful, and inspired.” ― H.E. Davey
14. “Always strive to aim for the highest peak of the goals in life you have set, this way if you manage to reach even half way toward a goal, landing in the middle is not such a bad place to end up.” ― Victoria Addino
15. “First steps are always the hardest but until they are taken the notion of progress remains only a notion and not an achievement.” ― Aberjhani, Illuminated Corners: Collected Essays and Articles Volume I.
16. “I will always find a way and a way will always find me.” ― Charles F. Glassman, Brain Drain The Breakthrough That Will Change Your Life
17. “Life is full of surprises, so you may as well get used to it.” ― Susan Meddaugh, Cinderella’s Rat
Don’t forget to also read these motivational mindset quotes that will set you up for success.
Moving Quotes on Having a Positive Attitude in Life
18. “Don’t hang with negative people. They will pull you down with them. Instead, invite them into your light and together you will both shine strong.” ― L.F. Young
19. “I told Ella Mae Cheeks Johnson, then age 105, that she was the only person over 80 who I’d ever met who never referred to her physical infirmities or health problems. To which she replied, “I have my difficulties; I do not rejoice in them.” ― Patricia Mulcahy, It Is Well with My Soul: The Extraordinary Life of a 106-Year-Old Woman
20. “Feast, and your halls are crowded
Fast, and the world goes by
Succeed and give, and it helps you live
But no man can help you die” ― Ella Wheeler Wilcox
21. “If you are unclear about what attitudes you adhere to, you will have a difficult time evaluation which ones are not serving your highest good.” ― Deborah Day
22. “Decision decides destiny. What God wants you to become is the positive person you decide to become when led by God’s spirit.” ― Israelmore Ayivor, The Great Hand Book of Quotes
23. “Separate yourself from those who hinder your vision. Make a choice to walk away from the trap set to ensnare you. Realize when someone is pulling you backwards every time you take a step forward. Separate from them and the result of your action will be a life of success.” ― Amaka Imani Nkosazana
24. “Vulnerability really means to be strong and secure enough within yourself that you are able to walk outside without your armor on. You are able to show up in life as just you. That is genuine strength and courage. Armor may look tough, but all it does is mask insecurity and fear.” ― Alaric Hutchinson, Living Peace
25. “Those who died while trying to make our world a better place, didn’t actually die, they proved some points. Our job is to notice them and continue from where they stopped.” ― AniekeeTochukwu Ezekiel
26. “Never say anything about someone which, if called to testify, you are unable to repeat to the person’s hearing or the hearing of the person’s close friend. This will save you a lot of trouble in life.” ― Chikamso Efobi
27. “Everything starts from inside of us, then comes outside of us.”― Avis J. Williams
28. “Attitude Is Everything
We live in a culture that is blind to betrayal and intolerant of emotional pain. In New Age crowds here on the West Coast, where your attitude is considered the sole determinant of the impact an event has on you, it gets even worse. In these New Thought circles, no matter what happens to you, it is assumed that you have created your own reality. Not only have you chosen the event, no matter how horrible, for your personal growth. You also chose how you interpret what happened—as if there are no interpersonal facts, only interpretations.
The upshot of this perspective is that your suffering would vanish if only you adopted a more evolved perspective and stopped feeling aggrieved. I was often kindly reminded (and believed it myself), “there are no victims.” How can you be a victim when you are responsible for your circumstances?
When you most need validation and support to get through the worst pain of your life, to be confronted with the well-meaning, but quasi-religious fervor of these insidious half-truths can be deeply demoralizing. This kind of advice feeds guilt and shame, inhibits grieving, encourages grandiosity and can drive you to be alone to shield your vulnerability.” ― Sandra Lee Dennis
30. “The essential attributes of a great leader are a positive attitude, humility, and gratitude.” ― Debasish Mridha
31. “Everything happens for a reason, we just don’t get the reason with the thing” ― Linda Carvelli, Perfectly Negative
Great Quotes on Having a Positive Attitude
32. “Darkness is always afraid of the positive thoughts, because they are also a species of light!” ― Mehmet Muratildan
33. “I don’t know about you but I do know I am a great woman and a gift unto my generation. I am a blessing to the world and I have a voice to be heard. I will make a great positive impact in the world and I would be a great force to be reckoned with. That is the power I have as a woman.” ― Omoakhuana Anthonia
34. “There is a lot of unhappiness in this world. Try not to feed it.” ― Wayne Gerard Trotman
35. “At the end of the day, it’s your life. If you turn out good, the world celebrates you and with you (not minding how you achieved it). If bad, they abandon you (even if they gave you the advice that led you to doom). Just be you and follow your heart.” ― OmoakhuanaAnthonia
36. “You set it, You hit it! And meanwhile you work hard to hit real quick.” ― Harshvardhan Malpaniani
37. “As a sufferer of depression for many years, I know the importance of trying to find positive experiences in each day, no matter how small.” ― Sharon E. Rainey, The Best Part of My Day Healing Journal
38. “In that instant, I realized that if I focused on the pain and misery, it would take me longer to heal. When chronic pain is my most often companion, it can be challenging to keep looking for the good. I needed to figure out a way to focus on the positive moments of each day. I needed to see where I was improving and healing.” ― Sharon E. Rainey, The Best Part of My Day Healing Journal
39. “Have courage to let go of the matter which doesn’t matter!” ― Riya PallaviBiren
40. “Now is the time to realize your potential and look beyond disappointment and focus on blessings. They are all around you, if you only take the time to welcome them into your life.” ― Carlos Wallace, The Other 99 T.Y.M.E.S: Train Your Mind to Enjoy Serenity
41. “Your attitude can either be your best friend who has your best interest at heart or your worst enemy who wants to see you fail, destroy your life, and be miserably unhappy. It’s imperative that you check your attitude. Make sure that your attitude is working for you, not against you. There’s limitless value in having a positive, empowered, and optimistic attitude! Choose wisely which attitude you give life to.” ― Stephanie Lahart
42. “The best investment is in your attitude.” ― Kevin J. DonaldsonPop, The Complete Lyrics of Iggy Pop 1969-1999
43. “Emotional baggage,” which is carried over from the past, colors our perceptions. Likewise, past conclusions and beliefs, based on reasoning that may or may not have been accurate, also tint our perception of reality. Retaining our capacity for reason is common sense, but definite conclusions and beliefs keep us from seeing life as it really is at any given moment.
Emotional reactions can be unreasonable, and reason can be flawed. It’s difficult to have deep confidence in either one, especially when they’re often at war with each other. But the universal mind exists in the instant, in a moment beyond time, and it sees the universe as it literally is. It’s the universe perceiving itself. It is, moreover, something we can have absolute confidence in, and with that confidence, we can maintain a genuinely positive attitude.” ― H.E. Davey, Japanese Yoga: The Way of Dynamic Meditation
44. “A positive attitude may not solve all our problems but that is the only option we have if we want to get out of problems.” ― Subodh Gupta, Stress Management a Holistic Approach
45. “Live your everyday extraordinary!” ― Charles F. Glassman, Brain Drain The Breakthrough That Will Change Your Life
46. “Your comfort zone is a place where you keep yourself in a self-illusion and nothing can grow there but your potentiality can grow only when you can think and grow out of that zone.” ― Rashedur Ryan Rahman
47. “The body is wise, the confusion is from the mind” ― Aniekee Tochukwu Ezekiel
48. “The venerable teachers, philosophers and spiritual practitioners throughout history have concluded that the greatest happiness we can experience comes from the development of an open, loving heart.” ― Allan Lokos, Pocket Peace: Effective Practices for Enlightened Living
49. “Insecurity is the lack of trust in your abilities and worth. When you enter into a secured state of consciousness, everything that helped boost your confidence will return.” ― Itohan Eghide, Master of Maxims
50. “If you do not completely accept yourself, you cannot love yourself fully. It would be hard to love anything unconditionally.” ― Avis J. Williams
Powerful quotes on having a positive attitude
51. “Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”― Roy T. Bennett
52. “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.”― Germany Kent
53. “There are some places in life where you can only go alone. Embrace the beauty of your solo journey.”― Mandy Hale
54. “Act as if it was, and it will be.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
55. “Everything is within your power, and your power is within you.”― Janice Trachtman
56. “If you absolutely can’t stay positive, don’t go negative, just cruise neutral for a while until you can get back up.” – Terri Guillemets
57. “Never allow your mind to wander untamed like a wild animal that exists on the basis of survival of the fittest. Tame your mind with consistent focus on your goals and desires.”― Stephen Richards
58. “I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.” – Walt Disney
59. “Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures.”― H. Jackson Brown Jr.
60. “Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.” – Zig Ziglar
More quotes on having a positive attitude
61. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” – Audrey Hepburn
62. “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.” – Roy T. Bennett
63. “Life becomes easier and more beautiful when we can see the good in other people.” – Roy T. Bennett
64. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.” – Walt Whitman
65. “Happiness depends on your mindset and attitude.” – Roy T. Bennett
66. “If you have a dream, don’t just sit there. Gather courage to believe that you can succeed and leave no stone unturned to make it a reality.” – Roopleen
67. “Positive expectations are the mark of the superior personality.” – Brian Tracy
68. “Being brave enough to be alone frees you up to invite people into your life because you want them and not because you need them.” – Mandy Hale
69. “Don’t let mental blocks control you. Set yourself free. Confront your fear and turn the mental blocks into building blocks.” – Rooplee
70. “To overcome fear is the quickest way to gain your self-confidence.” – Roy T. Bennett
What do you think about these quotes on having a positive attitude?
I hope they have given you a glimmer of hope or even a silver lining. Remember: tough times do not last. Just hang on! You’ll make it through with a smile – and a bit of faith.
If you have your own amazing or unforgettable quotes on having a positive attitude, feel free to share them below!