In life, choices are inevitable. Although they start small, as we age we are presented with monumental choices that have the power to shape the course of our everyday life. Would you say that you truly understand the importance of the choices you make? If you’ve never really consider the outcomes to the actions you take, you will after reading these insightful quotes about choices.
We feel like the good things happen to us, while the bad things are our fault. What we need to realize is that each and every day, we make numerous choices that influence the outcome of all areas of our lives.
We can learn from our missteps, and we can build on our strengths. Your life is made up of an endless amount of choices, so instead of procrastinating in fear of making the wrong decisions, face the options before you with courage and confidence.
To help you create the life you want to live, below are some quotes about choices – and facing the consequences that come with them.
The Best Choices and Consequences Quotes
1. “Life presents many choices, the choices we make determine our future.” – Catherine Pulsifer
2. “The hardest decisions in life are not between good and bad or right and wrong, but between two goods or two rights.” – Joe Andrew
3. “And in life, it is all about choices we make. And how the direction of our lives comes down to the choices we choose.” – Catherine Pulsifer
4. “Choose your life’s mate carefully. From this one decision will come 90 percent of all your happiness or misery.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
5. “When we find inspiration, we need to take action for ourselves and for our communities. Even if it means making a hard choice, or cutting out something and leaving it in your past.” – Aron Ralston
6. “Your life changes the moment you make a new, congruent, and committed decision.” – Anthony Robbins
7. “In every single thing you do, you are choosing a direction. Your life is a product of choices.” – Dr. Kathleen Hall
8. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward.” – Amelia Earhart
9. “And we have complete control over our own attitude. We are the ones who decide how we feel, how we look at things, how we react.” – Catherine Pulsifer
10. “This is as true in everyday life as it is in battle: we are given one life and the decision is ours whether to wait for circumstances to make up our mind, or whether to act, and in acting, to live.” – Omar Bradley
Also read these insightful Dante’s Inferno quotes about consequences and justice.
Wise quotes about choices and consequences
11. “Each person has a choice; the choice to do as one may wish and as one wants remains with the individual. If a person sees no benefit to change, they will not change.” – Byron Pulsifer
12. “We are the creative force of our life, and through our own decisions rather than our conditions, if we carefully learn to do certain things, we can accomplish those goals.” – Stephen Covey
13. “Did you know that to worry about a situation you are making a conscious choice to do so?” – Mike C. Adams
14. “We all need to decide whether to “play it safe” in life and worry about the downside, or instead take a chance, by being who we really are and living the life our heart desires. Which choice are you making?” – Charlie Badenhop
15. “There are a lot of things going on with my life right now that don’t just have to do with career. So I have a hard time making decisions about work. That’s really a luxury problem.” – Philip Seymour Hoffman
Powerful quotes about choices and consequences
16. “You came empty on earth, why overloaded now, were all your choices absolutely correct, it is never too late to reconsider them?” – William Ngwako Maphoto
17. “We are partners by fate. We become friends by choice.” – Jacquie McTaggart
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of fate quotes that will remind you to take each day one at a time.
18. “You always do what you want to do. This is true with every act. You may say that you had to do something, or that you were forced to, but actually, whatever you do, you do by choice. Only you have the power to choose for yourself.” – W. Clement Stone
19. “The choices that we make in our life, indeed determine the kind of results that we experience and the quality of the life that we live.” – Sumeet Jain
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of experience quotes that will inspire you to live a fulfilled life.
20. “The choices we make every minute of every day can contribute to making someone’s life a little bit better or worse even without intending to.” – Chikamso Efobi
Also read these powerful intuition quotes that will help you trust your your own instincts.
Quotes about choices to motivate you
21. “If you don’t have the information you need to make wise choices, find someone who does.” – Lori Hil
22. “I discovered I always have choices, and sometimes, it’s only a choice of attitude.” – Judith M. Knowlton
23. “May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears.” – Nelson Mandela
24. “In my experience working with a variety of people over several decades, far too many individuals choose to be anonymous members of the pack, therefore suffering from the inner remorse that makes them feel like failures, filled with conflict and resentment and wondering what the meaning of life is.” – Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
25. “By knowing that you can fail and making the choice to take the risk you will be setting yourself up for success and not failure.” – Jennifer N. Smith
26. “Life is a choice – as is how you handle the pitfalls along its bumpy road.” – Julie Donner Andersen
27. “Addicts cannot change the abuse suffered in childhood. They cannot undo the choices they have made or the hurt they have caused. But they can change the future – through the power they have in the present moment.” – Ryan Holiday, Stephen Hanselman
28. “Most of the choices we make each day may feel like the products of well-considered decision making, but they’re not. They’re habits. And though each habit means relatively little on its own, over time, the meals we order, what we say to our kids each night, whether we save or spend, how often we exercise, and the way we organize our thoughts and work routines have enormous impacts on our health, productivity, financial security, and happiness.” – Charles Duhigg
29. “Any decision I make is the biggest decision of my life.” – Carmelo Anthony
30. “Expanding our capacity to talk, particularly when we face critical choices, is a life-enhancing skill. I believe that there is no faster way for us to evolve than through the process of interacting with one another.” – Sarah Rozenthuler
Quotes about choices to help you grow
31. “In this new era, you have two choices: become a temp staffer (not a horrible choice) or become an artist-entrepreneur. Choose to commoditize your labor or choose yourself to be a creator, an innovator, an artist, an investor, a marketer, and an entrepreneur.” – James Altucher
32. “Concision in style, precision in thought, decision in life.” – Victor Hugo
33. “Big changes don’t have to be hard, but they do have to start with a choice. This is where real change begins; where you start taking control of your life and how you choose to live it; this is where it all starts.” – Nathalie Thompson
34. “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
35. “You cannot control the behavior of others, but you can always choose how you respond to it.”― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
36. “The choices you make now, the people you surround yourself with, they all have the potential to affect your life, even who you are, forever.”
― Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever
37. “Desires dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions.”― Dallin H. Oaks
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of priority quotes that will help you clarify what’s important to you in your life.
38. “Everyone has choices to make; no one has the right to take those choices away from us. Not even out of love..”― Cassandra Clare, City of Ashes
39. “The hardest choices in life aren’t between what’s right and what’s wrong but between what’s right and what’s best.”― Jamie Ford, Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
40. “Sometimes good choices are really bad ones, wrapped up in so much fear you can’t even see straight.”― Deb Caletti, The Secret Life of Prince Charming
Choice quotes to expand your mind
41. “It’s not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.” ― Roy Disney
42. “We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us.” ― Ken Levine
43. “It’s our choices that matter in the end. Not wishes, not words, not promises.” ― Alexandra Bracken , Passenger
44. “Choose your love. Love your choice.”― Thomas S. Monson
45. “In the end that was the choice you made, and it doesn’t matter how hard it was to make it. It matters that you did.”― Cassandra Clare, City of Glass
46. “The right choice is hardly ever the easy choice.”― Rick Riordan, The Throne of Fire
47. “Sometimes it doesn’t matter too much what choice you make, as long as you make it quick and stick to it.” ― Joe Abercrombie, Last Argument of Kings
48. “You can’t make yourself feel positive, but you can choose how to act, and if you choose right, it builds your confidence.”― Julien Smith, The Flinch
49. “Not to decide is to decide.”― Harvey Cox
50. “We are free to choose our paths, but we can’t choose the consequences that come with them.”― Sean Covey, The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective Teens
Other inspirational quotes about choices and consequences
51. “For every choice you make, there is a consequence to face. Choose wisely!”― Kemi Sogunle
52. “The choice to make good choices is the best choice you can choose. Fail to make that choice and on most choices you will lose.”― Ryan Lilly
53. “We often throw rocks not realizing that they’re going to land somewhere.”― Craig D. Lounsbrough
54. “Show the youth the consequences of their actions and why they should choose wisely.”― Sunday Adelaja
55. “Your little choices become habits that affect the bigger decisions you make in life.”― Elizabeth George
56. “You don’t get to rewind your life like a tape and splice it back together, pretending it never knotted and tore, when it did and you know it did.”― Silvia Moreno-Garcia
57. “Your destiny lies in your hands and can be molded with each passing day by the choices you make.”― Sunday Adelaja
58. “Individual choices have universal consequences.”― Laurie Buchanan
59. “Most people, faced with two difficult choices, prefer not to choose at all.”― Kenneth Eade
60. “Look for your choices, pick the best one, and then go with it.” – Pat Riley
61. “Behavior has consequences, and stupid behavior often has terrible consequences.”― James C. Dobson
62. “It’s very easy to make certain decisions that affect your life that you have no perspective on.” – Jena Malone
63. “Whenever it comes to decision making, Remember the part about having confidence.”― Auliq Ice
64. “Don’t choose to be bitter, but choose to be better.”― De philosopher DJ Kyos
65. “Every choice has its consequences. Some more than others.”― Stephenie Meyer
More quotes about choices
66. “Choices made, whether bad or good, follow you forever and affect everyone in their path one way or another.” – J.E.B. Spredemann
67. “No one loses their innocence. It is either taken or given away willingly.” – Tiffany Madison
68. “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.” ― Roy T. Bennett
69. “Choice is the basis of every part of your existence, but so is fear. The difference is, choice creates movement, where fear limits movement.” – Réné Gaudette
70. “We never choose anything at all. Things happen. Or not.” – Haruki Murakami
71. “The choices you make are descendants of your conditioning.” – Dr. Jacinta Mpalyenkana
72. “Your life is determined by the sum of the choices that YOU make.” – Frank Sonnenberg
73. “We should be careful as to the choices we make. We need to be certain that we are prepared to accept the consequences of those choices.” – Jim Robinson
74. “The choices we make determines our destiny.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
75. “Our lives are made up of choices. Big ones, small ones, strung together by the thin air of good intentions; a line of dominoes, ready to fall.” – Abigail Haas
Which are your favorite quotes about choices and consequences?
Realizing and acknowledging the choices that we make is empowering – whether the outcome is good or bad. It is also important, as it helps us evaluate what we do and do not have control over.
This is an important distinction to make. Let us let go of what we will never have a choice or control over, and focus our time and energy on what we do. Hopefully, the above quotes have given you the courage and confidence to create the life you want to live.
Which are your favorite quotes about choices and consequences? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Feel free to share with us your opinion in the comment section below.