This “moon quotes” collection will help you see the beauty of life and inspire you to believe in your purpose.
The moon shines and makes our world bright at night. But besides illuminating our nights, the moon can be a great motivator with many life lessons for us.
The moon is full of imperfections but it’s still beautiful and a pleasure to watch. It has beauty and elegance without reason. Like the moon, we should be calm and reflect beauty despite being imperfect in appearance. We should shine in the darkness of life and give way to the path of light.
The moon goes through phases much like we do. Like it, we should embrace the changes in our lives without fearing what differences they might bring.
Strive to achieve every possible success but do not bask in your glories for long. Just like the moon wanes, you should be open to shedding your past so you can pick yourself up to scale a new peak.
To shine your life with imagination and possibilities, below is our collection of beautiful, wise, and inspirational moon quotes, moon sayings, and moon proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Moon quotes celebrating the shine in darkness
1. “Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” – Anton Chekhov
2. “The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human. Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections.” – Tahereh Mafi
3. “The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to.” – Carl Sandburg
4. “The moon does not fight. It attacks no one. It does not worry. It does not try to crush others. It keeps to its course, but by its very nature, it gently influences. What other body could pull an entire ocean from shore to shore? The moon is faithful to its nature and its power is never diminished.” – Deng Ming-Dao
5. “But even when the moon looks like it’s waning…it’s actually never changing shape. Don’t ever forget that.” – Ai Yazawa
6. “The beautiful moon is an antidepressant. Love for her light is in every heart because she is so friendly, loving and forgiving.” – Debasish Mridha MD
7. “When hope is fleeting, stop for a moment and visualize, in a sky of silver, the crescent of a lavender moon. Imagine it — delicate, slim, precise, like a paper-thin slice from a cabochon jewel. It may not be very useful, but it is beautiful. And sometimes it is enough.” – Vera Nazarian
8. “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” – Les Brown
9. “The moon will guide you through the night with her brightness, but she will always dwell in the darkness, in order to be seen.” – Shannon L. Alder
10. “We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win.” – John F. Kennedy
Moon quotes to help you see the beauty of life
11. “It is a beautiful and delightful sight to behold the body of the Moon.” – Galileo Galilei
12. “The magic of autumn has seized the countryside; now that the sun isn’t ripening anything it shines for the sake of the golden age; for the sake of Eden; to please the moon for all I know.” – Elizabeth Coatsworth
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of fall quotes the falling in love.
13. “The moon is the reflection of your heart and moonlight is the twinkle of your love.” – Debasish Mridha
14. “When we are looking at the moon, we see the purest reflection of our own beauty and magic, which is why we love the moon so much.” – Debasish Mridha MD
15. “This is what I am talking about: the bewitching power of moonlight. Moonlight incites dark passions like a cold flame, making hearts burning with the intensity of phosphorus.” – Rampo Edogawa
16. “You may have the dark and cold street life, ruled by the lessor light of the moon. During this time, I restore my temple, and later awake to greet the awesome radiance of the sun-star.” – T.F. Hodge
17. “If you have a problem with the Moon in the sky and you are unhappy, change yourself, because the Moon won’t change!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
18. “And at the end of the night, they realized how important those little stars were, which they ignored while adoring the beauty of the moon whole night.” – Akshay Vasu
19. “I’m in no hurry: the sun and the moon aren’t, either. Nobody goes faster than the legs they have. If where I want to go is far away, I’m not there in an instant.” – Alberto Caeiro
20. “The moon stared at me through sprinkled nighttime stardust and I alone smile.” – Jay Long
Moon quotes to inspire you to grow and regrow
21. “I’d rather live in a world where I get to love the moon than in one where I don’t, even if the moon won’t return the feeling.” – Alex London
22. “The moon fascinates us in her simplicity.” – Avijeet Das
23. “She has always been admired by the sun; For the way she rises each time after she falls. But the way she sparkles and glows whenever she talks about the things she adores; makes the moon and stars watch in envy…” – Samiha Totanji
24. “He could well imagine what the moon had given her: pure solitude and tranquility. That was the best thing the moon could give a person.” – Haruki Murakami
25. “No living thing ever defeated Tain Hu in battle. Only the tide could fight her. Only the moon and the sea together could bring her down.” – Seth Dickinson
26. “Have you ever felt this feeling? When suddenly out of the blue someone walks right into your heart? And then you keep staring at the sky at night and keep asking the stars and the moon to help you figure this all out!” – Avijeet Das
27. “The moon is sun at your place splashing its rays below but it’s the same art board we stare at!” – Suyasha Subedi
28. “Smile like the moon to make life beautiful, because in your beautiful smile life finds meaning.” – Debasish Mridha MD
29. “As the seas are claimed, the Moon shall be the jewel in the prize. Claimed, not as a safe haven, but as an island of menace within the sky. And the last nail will have been driven home when humanity realizes their inactive mistakes.” – Anthony T. Hincks
30. “She is twice as beautiful as the moon and all of the stars together.” – Giovannie de Sadeleer
Moon quotes to help you believe in your purpose
31. “During the day the Sun causes wounds. And in the night the Moon heals the wounds. The mountain waits all day for the night when his moon will be finally bright.” – Suyasha Subedi
32. “You are the sun. You bring warmth, laughter and joy—but he is the moon. He draws me into a world of mystery that I have never known.” – Meredith T. Taylor
33. “I can feel the moon’s love for the earth in my soul when it’s magical silent silvery light touches my heart.” – Debasish Mridha MD
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of magic quotes about the power of the unseen.
34. “Be like the moon in someone’s sky and show her the way of life with your loving silvery lights during the darkness.” – Debasish Mridha MD
35.) “The moon is queen of everything. She rules the oceans, rivers, rain. When I am asked whose tears these are; I always blame the moon.” – Lucille Clifton
36. “Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine.”- Gautama Buddha
37. “We may look at the same moon, but our hearts sing different songs depending on our inner emotions and perceptions.” – Debasish Mridha MD
38. “The Moon is the first milestone on the road to the stars.” – Arthur C. Clarke
39. “It is no secret that the moon has no light of her own, but is, as it were, a mirror, receiving brightness from the influence of the sun.” – Vitruvius
40. “The moon, like a flower in heaven’s high bower, With silent delight Sits and smiles on the night.”- William Blake
Beautiful moon quotes to illuminate your life
41. “The wisdom of the Moon is greater than the wisdom of the Earth, because the Moon sees the universe better than the Earth can see it.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
42. “I still say, ‘Shoot for the moon; you might get there.” – Buzz Aldrin
43. “Tell me what you feel in your room when the full moon is shining in upon you and your lamp is dying out, and I will tell you how old you are, and I shall know if you are happy.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
44. “When the storm is over and night falls and the moon is out in all its glory and all you’re left with is the rhythm of the sea, of the waves, you know what God intended for the human race, you know what paradise is.” – Harold Pinter
45. “When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.” – Mahatma Gandhi
46. “The faults of a superior person are like the sun and moon. They have their faults, and everyone sees them; they change and everyone looks up to them. “– Confucius
47. “When I look at the moon I do not see a hostile, empty world. I see the radiant body where man has taken his first steps into a frontier that will never end.” – David Scott
48. “The lovely moon may not be able to breathe, but it takes our breath away with her incredible beauty and soft silvery love.” – Debasish Mridha MD
49. “There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.”- George Carlin
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of George Carlin quotes from the iconic comedian.
50. “Your thoughts are a veil on the face of the Moon. That Moon is your heart, and those thoughts cover your heart. So let them go, just let them fall into the water.” – Rumi
Moon quotes to elevate your mind
51. “She used to tell me that a full moon was when mysterious things happen and wishes come true.”― Shannon A. Thompson
52. “This super full moon brings grounding that opens a doorway of new healing, new teaching and new mysteries.” —Unknown
53. “The moon was reigning over their world, glowing its full splendor to all those willing to look up.”― Irina Serban
54. “Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.” —Mark Twain
55. “The moon rested right above the mountains, a place I call home.”― Daniel Wallock
56. “There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it’s all dark.” —Pink Floyd
57. “The moon looks upon many night flowers; the night flowers see but one moon.” —Jean Ingelow
58. “The sun Watches what I do. But the moon knows all my secrets.” —J.M Wonderland
59. “If someday the moon calls you by your name don’t be surprised, because every night I tell her about you.” —Shahrazad al-Khalij
60. “In presence of the Moon nobody sees stars.” —Amit Kalantri
More moon quotes and sayings
61. “And all the insects ceased in honor of the moon.” — Jack Kerouac
62. “The moon has awoken with the sleep of the sun, the light has been broken; the spell has begun.”― Anonymous
63. “With the light all around us, we felt secret in that moon–infused water like pearls forming in the soft tissues of oysters.” — Pat Conroy
64. “She always said she’d prefer to die on her way to the moon than under a runaway bus.”― Alan Bradley
65. “It was the kind of moon that I would want to send back to my ancestors and gift to my descendants so they know that I too have been bruised…by beauty.” — Sanober Khan
66. “Full moon is a good fisherman; every eye is easily caught in his net!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
67. “Many solemn nights blond moon, we stand and marvel…Sleeping our noons away.” — Teitoku
68. “The moon — a luminous guide for the poetic musings of my soul.”
― Meeta Ahluwalia
69. “There’s no point in saving the world if it means losing the moon.” — Tom Robbins
70. “And all the stars in the deep blue sky are the tears of the moon; the ones he cried while dreaming about the sun.”― Laura Chouette
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of blue quotes about the power of colors.
Other moon quotes and sayings
71. “Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
72. “We are all like the bright moon, we still have our darker side.” – Khalil Gibran
73. “Do not swear by the moon, for she changes constantly. Then your love would also change.” – William Shakespeare
74. “Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” – Buddha
75. “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” – W. Clement Stone
76. “There was a man who loved the moon, but whenever he tried to embrace her, she broke into a thousand pieces and left him drenched, with empty arms.” ― Laini Taylor
77. “I am the sun who will bring delight when you are in front of me. I am the moon who will show shyness when you are away from me.” – Santosh Kalwar
78. “Moonlight is sculpture; sunlight is painting.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
79. “Be the moon and inspire people, even when you’re far from full.” – K. Tolnoe
80. “She was like the moon, half here and half somewhere else.” – Meeta Ahluwalia
Did you enjoy these moon quotes?
The moon makes our world beautiful at night. Just like it we should have confidence in our beauty and elegance, regardless of whatever imperfections we might have.
The moon reminds us that darkness can’t take away the beauty of life. Despite the ups and downs of life, we should reflect beauty and believe in our purpose.
Which of these moon quotes was your favorite? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you enjoyed the quotes, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.